PDA

View Full Version : thegosson drifting @ portlaoise drift track 17-10-10

thegosson
20-10-10, 06:41
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygGkdlYkIRE
just trying out a few different camera positions to see what works well or not, some are eh...interesting. enjoy!

Prodrifter86
20-10-10, 14:23
Dude Camera Angles are pretty sweeet.

steering wheel 1 nearly made me sick though:p

s13-ste
20-10-10, 14:35
when i seen the camera on your lid i was thinking the steering wheel has to be done too, i think i was talking to you about gittin jr doing it before. makes me feel sick watching it

thegosson
20-10-10, 15:07
eh thanks i guess......haha

paddy_last
20-10-10, 17:39
Whopper vid mate quality is very good

bart
20-10-10, 17:45
savage video..
may get myself one of these bad boys

Team Kanjiuma (Donjuan)
20-10-10, 17:51
savage video..
may get myself one of these bad boys

Me too.............

thegosson
20-10-10, 18:19
yeah, there well worth every penny. great as a learning tool too, thats my main reason for having it, to see what went wrong or wright and why etc...
thank for the comments lads. :)

thegosson
20-10-10, 18:21
Whopper vid mate quality is very good

cheers, did ya select tje 1080p setting on youtube? tis great quality.

bart
20-10-10, 18:22
much are they shane and where do ya get them????

thegosson
20-10-10, 18:51
well the thing about them is that they charge off usb and you can select between NTSC and PAL so it doesn't matter where you get it from it will work with what you have no matter where you are. GOPRO them selfs sell the HD motorsport pack which is what i have for $299 USD so what ever that is in euros. comes with everything you need except you need to buy which ever size card you want along with it. Best to by the recommended one as its write and read speed is matched properly to the camera, so you wont have any issues there. Murray motorsport , 53 degrees north , driftworks do em too. I'm sure you'll get em at a good price online.
would be cool to get a contact and have a group buy on them, and get em for a bit cheaper as I'd love a couple more.

Prodrifter86
20-10-10, 20:01
well the thing about them is that they charge off usb and you can select between NTSC and PAL so it doesn't matter where you get it from it will work with what you have no matter where you are. GOPRO them selfs sell the HD motorsport pack which is what i have for $299 USD so what ever that is in euros. comes with everything you need except you need to buy which ever size card you want along with it. Best to by the recommended one as its write and read speed is matched properly to the camera, so you wont have any issues there. Murray motorsport , 53 degrees north , driftworks do em too. I'm sure you'll get em at a good price online.
would be cool to get a contact and have a group buy on them, and get em for a bit cheaper as I'd love a couple more.

yeah there wicked piece of kit. getting 1 this christmas for the auld parents! haha

yeah on the group buy thing. i hav an idea shane have to make a phonecall. must have a chat about it..

TIMMY495
20-10-10, 21:07
Cool vid man, feel abit dizzy after d steering wheel bit thou... lol , love dis car, i had one of these out dat day, wat program u use to edit it? did it take long 2 upload?

Aidan Hogan
20-10-10, 23:03
Very cool video , liking all the different angles.
Would you be able to mount the camera on the steering wheel again except facing out to the track ?? Thought of it after seeing the angle which is looking at you !!
Was wondering what speeds people were doing into the 1st corner and when I saw the angles you were using I was thinking I could see the speed then I realised your speedo doesn't seem to be working :(

thegosson
21-10-10, 06:38
Very cool video , liking all the different angles.
Would you be able to mount the camera on the steering wheel again except facing out to the track ?? Thought of it after seeing the angle which is looking at you !!
Was wondering what speeds people were doing into the 1st corner and when I saw the angles you were using I was thinking I could see the speed then I realised your speedo doesn't seem to be working :(

speedo doesn't work cause iv an rb25 gear box in it. i could get it going but it would never be accurate because of different gear ratios and then the different diff ratios, so theres no point in having it really.

thegosson
21-10-10, 06:48
Cool vid man, feel abit dizzy after d steering wheel bit thou... lol , love dis car, i had one of these out dat day, wat program u use to edit it? did it take long 2 upload?

im just using quick time, do a search online (think youtube) and it'll give instructions on how to upgrade it to quick time pro for free, this will open up any of the grayed out tabs. all you can do is open one of your vids and trim the shit off the start and end and then open another one while leaving the first one open, trim it, select all, copy, go back to your first vid opened which is now more like your project, then get the courser to the end of it and then paste the new clip into it.........repeat that till you run out of vids or reach 15 mins because thats all youtube will allow. think it took 540 mins to upload.:mad: hope this helps.

iv a question for you too... how does your car sound like it does? as in whats in it exhaust wise that makes it sound so good?

Aidan Hogan
21-10-10, 17:31
speedo doesn't work cause iv an rb25 gear box in it. i could get it going but it would never be accurate because of different gear ratios and then the different diff ratios, so theres no point in having it really.

Not needed for a track car either ;)
What about my other camera angle idea ??

TIMMY495
21-10-10, 21:09
im just using quick time, do a search online (think youtube) and it'll give instructions on how to upgrade it to quick time pro for free, this will open up any of the grayed out tabs. all you can do is open one of your vids and trim the shit off the start and end and then open another one while leaving the first one open, trim it, select all, copy, go back to your first vid opened which is now more like your project, then get the courser to the end of it and then paste the new clip into it.........repeat that till you run out of vids or reach 15 mins because thats all youtube will allow. think it took 540 mins to upload.:mad: hope this helps.

iv a question for you too... how does your car sound like it does? as in whats in it exhaust wise that makes it sound so good?

Woooooooww ok ill av a go at it lol, may download quick time first so :rolleyes: im not gr8 at these sort of tings, thx man, it sounds gud?? just sounds like any sr 2 me? straight though 3" s/s exhaust, has tomei cams aswell, mayb dat mite av changed d tune of it? :confused:

thegosson
22-10-10, 11:59
Not needed for a track car either ;)
What about my other camera angle idea ??

the other camera angle would either just be looking at the center piece or horn button on the steering wheel or els a shot at some plastic on the dash from a few inches away................so i don't really know were your coming from with turning it around. :o am i that offensive looking?