PDA

View Full Version : Portlaoise Drifting 17-10-2010 Aftermath

Aidan Hogan
17-10-10, 16:50
Just in the door now , good old day I must say , was kept busy fixing cones and picking up body parts .
Some really good drivers out there.
Have plenty of pics and video's , will throw them up later , too tired now :o

paddy_last
17-10-10, 17:18
Cool any vid's

Aidan Hogan
17-10-10, 17:24
As said above yes , a few short ones

sil80drifter
17-10-10, 17:37
savage day, car stayed cool! had a prob near the end with the back caliper kinda falling off ha great day tho, well organised

S14a johno
17-10-10, 17:38
great day, thanks for everyone who put the camra on the cars and photo too
just finished the movie from the day up loadn now for ya lads

also have lot of footage from cars that are not in it and photos
but we see how it goes

far play great set up bart
huge thanks for all the help and passio run bud

damo86
17-10-10, 18:17
good day bent another tie rod but drove on anyways

Greg
17-10-10, 18:22
Great day. Loads of track time. I think the longest I queued was for five minutes and the shortest was like a minute.

Happy enough with the day. Did shite in the first session, grand in the second, and really shite in the third. My aim was to link the track at least once and I managed it a few tims, so am happy enough. My car desperately needs stiffening up and good grippy front tyres would help a lot. Oh and a seat, my leg is in bits from smacking off the door. :D

Nice to put a few names to faces today too. :)

S14a johno
17-10-10, 18:25
Great day. Loads of track time. I think the longest I queued was for five minutes and the shortest was like a minute.

Happy enough with the day. Did shite in the first session, grand in the second, and really shite in the third. My aim was to link the track at least once and I managed it a few tims, so am happy enough. My car desperately needs stiffening up and good grippy front tyres would help a lot. Oh and a seat, my leg is in bits from smacking off the door. :D

also some one has you linking the whole track :D:D:D:D

Dunnedriftin
17-10-10, 18:30
Im happy out, my aim today was get a grip of the car & drift but i manage to link the track atleast once... :)

Thanks to who ever brough over my bumper after i went cone/tire clipping :p Seen it in the corner of my eye and said fook it and flat to the floor towards it :D

Just gotta sort out the steering problem, feels like a non powersteering car :( but i had a savage day and looking forward to the next one...

One thing i would say tho, maby next day i duno but was thinking have Half Hour Sessions insted of 1 hour sessions... Just the last session seemed much better that the 1 hour sessions imo.. even tho i only got 2 runs cause of me popping the front tire of the rim & continued to try drift until people start pointing at me :eek: :D

Aidan Hogan
17-10-10, 18:34

You were going very well today imo :D
Lots and lots of bumper scrapes !!

Aidan Hogan
17-10-10, 18:38
Im happy out, my aim today was get a grip of the car & drift but i manage to link the track atleast once... :)

Thanks to who ever brough over my bumper after i went cone/tire clipping :p Seen it in the corner of my eye and said fook it and flat to the floor towards it :D

Just gotta sort out the steering problem, feels like a non powersteering car :( but i had a savage day and looking forward to the next one...

One thing i would say tho, maby next day i duno but was thinking have Half Hour Sessions insted of 1 hour sessions... Just the last session seemed much better that the 1 hour sessions imo.. even tho i only got 2 runs cause of me popping the front tire of the rim & continued to try drift until people start pointing at me :eek: :D

That was me who brought your bumper back ;)
Then a bit from Don's S15's sideskirt and the black , blue and white skylines front bumper haha
I think the fact that people were going more often near the end was because a few people had left !!
Your car got a nice smack off the fence thanks to Damo :p

calicagesracing
17-10-10, 18:39
i thought the hour sessions were grand. i means you have a nice bit of time if you need to fettle the car.
don broke third gear and had another box fitted for the next session:cool:

had a bit of a shit day today. over-center=gay. bending steering rod's=even gayer:mad:

feic it, i'll be out stronger and better next day:)

Dunnedriftin
17-10-10, 18:40
Then a bit from Don's S15's sideskirt and the black , blue and white skylines front bumper haha
I think the fact that people were going more often near the end was because a few people had left !!

Cheers, its still in one piece :D Didnt realise it came off till i spinned, did it come of the min i hit the cone or what?

Yeah have a new bita body work up front :) ah sure it will polish out :D Not too worried about it....

Dunnedriftin
17-10-10, 18:41
i thought the hour sessions were grand. i means you have a nice bit of time if you need to fettle the car.

had a bit of a shit day today. over-center=gay. bending steering rod's=even gayer:mad:

To be honest lad, its my first ever drift day, Duno what the half hour sessions would be like, but just an idea if people think it would be better or not?

Aidan Hogan
17-10-10, 18:44
Cheers, its still in one piece :D Didnt realise it came off till i spinned, did it come of the min i hit the cone or what?

Yeah have a new bita body work up front :) ah sure it will polish out :D Not too worried about it....

It came off a bit after you hit the cone , you dragged it with ya for a while which meant I had ta run further :mad: :p

sil80drifter
17-10-10, 18:46

baaaaaaahahahahahah colm i love your car!!!!!

Dunnedriftin
17-10-10, 18:58
baaaaaaahahahahahah colm i love your car!!!!!

At least it moved outa the way :o amagine it was stuck there, lol be flat now anway! :p

nick180sx
17-10-10, 19:03

consaws should be in every toolbox:D

Aidan Hogan
17-10-10, 19:07
At least it moved outa the way :o amagine it was stuck there, lol be flat now anway! :p

Like the cone he sucked under !!

Dunnedriftin
17-10-10, 19:14
Like the cone he sucked under !!

I did that aswell but kept going on, atleast he stopped! :D

sil80drifter
17-10-10, 19:15

kinda had too, people waving there hands haha

Dunnedriftin
17-10-10, 19:16
kinda had too, people waving there hands haha

Sure i tried to drift with the tire after popping of the rim until i seen people waving! lol

Aidan Hogan
17-10-10, 19:16

Your man in the 540i did it too , stood on it and he reversed but it didn't budge so I went back with it :o Then tried to pull it out and ripped my hand open off the ground , it just wanted to stay there :rolleyes: haha

dR Dan
17-10-10, 19:24
Could u not just put all the pics in here instead of havin 3 threads about the same thing.......... :rolleyes: :confused:

Dunnedriftin
17-10-10, 19:25
Could u not just put all the pics in here instead of havin 3 threads about the same thing.......... :rolleyes: :confused:

1 for videos, 1 for photos & 1 is for talking about it! :p

dR Dan
17-10-10, 19:27

Congratulations on stating the obvious....

Dunnedriftin
17-10-10, 19:28
Congratulations on stating the obvious....

no problem, just incase you had trouble finding out :p

Aidan Hogan
17-10-10, 19:28

:rolleyes: As above :rolleyes:

thegosson
17-10-10, 19:46
just home now and as always had a fricking mega time. lovin this sport. the groups thing worked out super, loads of seat time and then time to chill and watch and chat and get to know so more people.
ah I'm still buzzing:D, to the point that I'm kinda stuck for words. thanks to all involved in making these days possible

Keli
17-10-10, 20:01
Had a great day today. :) Had the life scared out of me in Greg's Chaser and had the head knocked off me in Kav's SRe30 courtesy of Damo. It was bloody freezing this morning but at least it didn't rain! Some great talent there today and no major mishaps (which is unusual at a car event), fair play to Bart and whoever else had a part in organising it. Wish I could have had my own car there to fit in with the cool crowd but lack of funds this week just didn't permit that :rolleyes: Nice to meet whoever I was talking to, or whoevers random picture I've taken. I was the lurk with the camera knockin around for the day in case you haven't guessed. I have the pics loading now, will stick them up when they're done although they'll probably get their own thread so I can keep my sanity as there are over 100 of them.

Fredericks Balls
17-10-10, 20:03
Great day today. In all honesty today isnt for spectators, just for drivers, after ten mins of each session we had seen enough. But then again its not a round of prodrift so you cant expect any more. For drivers though it seemed perfect!

The place itself is excellent, facilities are great.

Sorry for the guy who lost a wheel at the end (r32 with the 34 front) :( I was passenger with Greg at the time. Hope its cheaply sorted

For me it was my first time in any sort of drift, im used to circuit racing. I didnt say it but before the first run Greg your lucky you didnt have a brown stain on the seat :D I was shitting it! But it was awesome, im hooked!

I have over 300 snaps, ive some uploaded ill get more up tomorrow.

Greg you nut I thought you did really well, full fat road legal barge with minimum mods you were linking the track 98% of the time and getting smoke and speed too. Deadly!

Trixta & Dave Zigen. Your cars rock!

bart
17-10-10, 20:15
well what can i say??????
SAVAGE DAY OUT..
BEST DAY SO FAR
the groups really worked well...
this will be the new format from now on...
thanks to everyone for coming
and thanks to all my mates for helping out....
roll on the next one:cool::cool:

JKAV
17-10-10, 20:16
Just home another great day, hour sessions worked out alot less queing. Who's got videos ? ther was alot of cameras about today. Roll on 2 weeks

Aidan Hogan
17-10-10, 20:17
Just home another great day, hour sessions worked out alot less queing. Who's got videos ? ther was alot of cameras about today. Roll on 2 weeks

Pics up in picture thread , videos going up slowly

Robbie Daly Ps13
17-10-10, 20:19
Load of bollocks 26 cars....! Tought there was only suppose to be 24.....! lol...! :p

bart
17-10-10, 20:20
Load of bollocks 26 cars....! Tought there was only suppose to be 24.....! lol...! :p

lol..........
dont get me started daly............;)

Robbie Daly Ps13
17-10-10, 20:21
Lmfao.....! Good day lad fair play to ya keeping it going......! Your coming on a lot behind the wheel yourself....! Keep it up lad.....!

sil80drifter
17-10-10, 20:22
the group thing worked brilliant, gave time to sort out whatever probs you have with the car, day went well, very laid back and no one messing

Fredericks Balls
17-10-10, 20:22

Were you in the white r33 with the yellow wheels? I had a few pictures but someone said it was you I got loads of your spins lol

thegosson
17-10-10, 20:23

HA HA... go on ya moany c$%t. had the seat warmed and all for ya:rolleyes:

Robbie Daly Ps13
17-10-10, 20:26
Were you in the white r33 with the yellow wheels? I had a few pictures but someone said it was you I got loads of your spins lol

No it wasn't me lad....! It was a lad i was down with hes only starting out....! Brought it for a lap or 2 the yoke was unbeliveably underpowered dunno what was up with it tbh...!

Robbie Daly Ps13
17-10-10, 20:27
HA HA... go on ya moany c$%t. had the seat warmed and all for ya:rolleyes:

No lid ftl.......! Moan is what i do best..... lol...!

Greg
17-10-10, 20:55
For me it was my first time in any sort of drift, im used to circuit racing. I didnt say it but before the first run Greg your lucky you didnt have a brown stain on the seat :D I was shitting it! But it was awesome, im hooked!

That was a great introduction to drifting you got alright haha. No handbrake, banzai clutch kick flick initiations, and major spins. Glad you enjoyed it though. :D

Don't think I'll bother getting a hydro, because kicking the clutch is way more fun than pulling a lever. :D

ejf86
17-10-10, 20:56

ha ha true horse when it dont fit cut the bitch
http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu126/ejf86/cars143.jpg

ger15
17-10-10, 21:01
SAVAGE SAVAGE day,really enjoyed today i have to say the two groups is the only job,i started to get a good feel for the car towards the end of the day, due to the fact that the runs were closer together,Well done to Bart and the rest of the boys great job again.

bart
17-10-10, 21:10
SAVAGE SAVAGE day,really enjoyed today i have to say the two groups is the only job,i started to get a good feel for the car towards the end of the day, due to the fact that the runs were closer together,Well done to Bart and the rest of the boys great job again.

good few good runs with you lad....

ger15
17-10-10, 21:12
good few good runs with you lad....

The last run was a brown jocks moment at one point :D

tweek
17-10-10, 21:45
fuck me smiller loves that consaw its not the first time i've seen him in action with it.

great day was only up as a spectator and i had the young fella with me but he was loving it aswell i'm hoping my car will be ready for the next time

mark
17-10-10, 22:06

i have to say im fair tidy with it:cool:.lol
had a good day today, broke another diff mount
but gota few good runs in so im happy out

calicagesracing
17-10-10, 22:10
most smoke you made all day with that consaw smiler lol:D

tweek
17-10-10, 22:10
i have to say im fair tidy with it:cool:.lol
had a good day today, broke another diff mount
but gota few good runs in so im happy out
was well impressed with the beemer to be honest mark i thought you were flying let me know if you decide to sell those sparcos

sbradley
17-10-10, 22:24
savage day groups worked way better..eveything went well ,no messin and all the drivers done as they were told.....thats the way it needs to be..

mark
17-10-10, 22:28
was well impressed with the beemer to be honest mark i thought you were flying let me know if you decide to sell those sparcos

€150 and there yours tj.

Dunnedriftin
17-10-10, 22:29
savage day groups worked way better..eveything went well ,no messin and all the drivers done as they were told.....thats the way it needs to be..

X2, And as bart said you if drift the last stright and you will hit the barrier as Damien showed everybody in my car! :p

mark
17-10-10, 22:29
most smoke you made all day with that consaw smiler lol:D

oooohhhhhhhhhhhh harsh, but probably true:D

R32slider
17-10-10, 22:30
Savage day, group thing worked out really well, loads of seat time, big big thanks to Bart and the forklift driver for helpin me out at the end of the day, good to put a few more faces to the names, car sorted before i left so no dramas, cant wait till the next one, :D

TIMMY495
17-10-10, 22:38
ABSOLUTELY FRICKIN DEADLY DAY OUT!..................... dat is all.....

sbradley
17-10-10, 22:39
Savage day, group thing worked out really well, loads of seat time, big big thanks to Bart and the forklift driver for helpin me out at the end of the day, good to put a few more faces to the names, car sorted before i left so no dramas, cant wait till the next one, :D

no bother lad..if all came to all i could ave put the forks through the window and loaded it on the trailor that way..lucky enough we didn have to do...:eek::D

JKAV
17-10-10, 22:45
ABSOLUTELY FRICKIN DEADLY DAY OUT!..................... dat is all.....

Hey Timmy cracker of a day wasn't it. You get a good videos?

R32slider
17-10-10, 22:46
no bother lad..if all came to all i could ave put the forks through the window and loaded it on the trailor that way..lucky enough we didn have to do...:eek::D

PeeeeHewww,:eek::eek: lucky it didnt come to that, canibilised a few wheel studs from a spacer and got it rollin again, ohh an thanks to Greg on my last run for comin back with the jack, not to many that would have bothered,;)

tweek
17-10-10, 22:54
@mark do you take childrens body parts lol skint for a good while until the green machine is running anyway

TIMMY495
17-10-10, 22:55
Hey Timmy cracker of a day wasn't it. You get a good videos?

Yup, meh vids r alrite man ill show ya l8r :cool:

mark
17-10-10, 22:57
@mark do you take childrens body parts lol skint for a good while until the green machine is running anyway

there is no hassle tj i dont have them advertised so whenever
you want them they will be there, thats if i dont get an s-body
in the mean time

Aidan Hogan
17-10-10, 23:03
Mark , Timmy , Kav - Ye were on fire today lads , brilliant runs from ye .
Mark - Love that car , see ya had an exhaust on it today , still lovely rasp off it .
Kav - Was happy when I picked your bumper up off the track and it was still in one piece :D
Timmy - Thats some car lad , what power are you running ??

mark
17-10-10, 23:08
Mark - Love that car , see ya had an exhaust on it today , still lovely rasp off it

wanna buy it???

Aidan Hogan
17-10-10, 23:12
wanna buy it???

Wanting to and being able to are 2 different things unfortuanetly , but you do have a pm about something else ;)

tweek
17-10-10, 23:18
Wanting to and being able to are 2 different things unfortuanetly , but you do have a pm about something else ;)
i don't think he will sell that consaw lol

mark
17-10-10, 23:20

hahahahaha pmsl

TIMMY495
17-10-10, 23:26
Mark - Love that car , see ya had an exhaust on it today , still lovely rasp off it .
Kav - Was happy when I picked your bumper up off the track and it was still in one piece :D

Thanks Aidan!! :D hope to do better for the next day out, just under 360hp

Aidan Hogan
17-10-10, 23:26

Hahahaa he seems very attached to it so he can keep it :p

Aidan Hogan
17-10-10, 23:27
Thanks Aidan!! :D hope to b back for the next day out, just under 360hp

Think I'll be in England for the next day :(
Thats some good powerrrrzzz :D

TIMMY495
17-10-10, 23:31
Think I'll be in England for the next day :(
Thats some good powerrrrzzz :D

itl do for running 16" alloys :rolleyes: , dats shit luck man , ya may just cancel ur plans in england so, lol

Stevo
18-10-10, 02:05
@ timmy gud sliding today fella, nice and aggresive
@ bart same for you ted, alot more aggresive and stickin door to door :D:cool:
@ mark you sum man :eek:
@ derk hero spec as always man container clippin ftw!!
Fair play to bradley and mini on the start line aswell :cool:

JKAV
18-10-10, 06:36

Not as happy as me to see it in one piece :) cheers

1jsoarer
18-10-10, 07:28
BRILLANT day out!!....had some craic with bart, mark and who ever was drivin the black 32 near the end of the day......:D:D

@ mark, love the pic of the consaw!!....health and safety would love that for a safe pass course!!:D...white runners no glasses........brillant:D:D

roll on the next day!!

Dunnedriftin
18-10-10, 09:08
BRILLANT day out!!....had some craic with bart, mark and who ever was drivin the black 32 near the end of the day......:D:D

@ mark, love the pic of the consaw!!....health and safety would love that for a safe pass course!!:D...white runners no glasses........brillant:D:D

roll on the next day!!

That was damien driving my black R32... was fair close the paid of you,

Greg
18-10-10, 09:26
, ohh an thanks to Greg on my last run for comin back with the jack, not to many that would have bothered,;)

No bother. You took the heat off me when I was doing shite with your spectacular breakage so I had to help. :D

DaveZigen
18-10-10, 14:57
Best day out so far! Really got the hang of it by the end, went through a fair few tyres so must be getting better! Groups were the job, everything was so fluid and the hour on, hour off gave myself and the car a break! Few close moments, getting risky with it being my road car but its survived three days without grief so I reckon its on the ball. I'll let the little bro (Trixta) explain the problems with his car but he took mine out for the last two sessions and was nailing so we all enjoyed it! Fair play Bart, savage setup! Roll on two weeks and a new track setup! :D

sil80drifter
18-10-10, 15:09

roll on the next day!!

was me dude, nearly hit your door at one point haha

B.Egan
18-10-10, 20:17
Best day out so far! Really got the hang of it by the end, went through a fair few tyres so must be getting better! Groups were the job, everything was so fluid and the hour on, hour off gave myself and the car a break! Few close moments, getting risky with it being my road car but its survived three days without grief so I reckon its on the ball. I'll let the little bro (Trixta) explain the problems with his car but he took mine out for the last two sessions and was nailing so we all enjoyed it! Fair play Bart, savage setup! Roll on two weeks and a new track setup! :D

Real day of two halfs for me. Got the diff sorted on the mx5, and had plenty of power for it.....but everything else went muck. First session I went out and on my second lap the left rear buckled a bit and the tyre popped off. Derk kindly hammered it straight and I got back out just at the end of the session for two laps. They went shit aswell lol.

Main problems were terrible terrible lock, and also the fact (due to me not getting the car in anyway aligned and the terrible camber etc setup) that the car just wouldnt self correct. I couldnt let go of the wheel when trying to transition. And with the car being so snappy, it was just impossible to turn the wheel quick enough manually.

So I went out at the start of my next session with the intention of just trying to do very little angle and just get it through safely. Actually got the first corner well and then the right rear tyre popped off the wheel.

So end of for me as was too pissed off. Very soundly the brother DaveZigen let me take out his car for the rest of the session, and this gave my confidence a massive boost. On my first real proper drift day (last time the mx5 had no diff), and in a car I hadnt really driven before, I was able to drift it pretty well, with no spins. His S13 is really setup very well, and gives you the confidence to push close to containers, or try as much angle as possible. So the second part of the day was actually great fun!

So its really back to the drawing board with the mx5 and try and make it controllable out on track. But in general the day was brilliantly run, and definately the groups thing worked, with queing time being very little at all. It allowed you to go for passo runs when not driving, get some food, relax, come up with plans, or just try and sort your car out. Certainly the way to go for next time!

Stevie e39 drift
18-10-10, 20:27

i had mine with me !

nick180sx
18-10-10, 20:33
i had mine with me !

i seen two yesterday so yours was three!:eek: butchers:p

Derk
18-10-10, 20:51
Excellent day again, best yet. Everyone seems happy with the groups, they worked very well.
Different track lay-out the next day should be cool too.
I'm paid up for the next 1 already, it cant come soon enough, a bit like meself :cool:

mark
18-10-10, 21:02
i seen two yesterday so yours was three!:eek: butchers:p

i think his was the second one nick, sthil consaws ftw

Aidan Hogan
18-10-10, 22:41
i had mine with me !

Off topic : Whats on the front of your car ??
Behind where the front bumper would be , looked like a big padding yolk ??
Was some cunt trying to pull that cone out from under it , stood on the bloody thing and went with it when you reversed :eek: Then ripped my hand to bits off the ground but finally got it out from under it :rolleyes::o

Team Kanjiuma (Donjuan)
20-10-10, 12:41

Great day Bart/others who helped.

As Nelly mentioned I blew third gear in RB 25 box :( ....yes expensive day but it was worth it. Many thanks to the “MOD DOCTOR” stiv for his help in changing the gear box in 1hour 10mins...I can’t forget the now famous consaw man mark for modifying the new 25 box to fit the S15.

Thanks lads.

New GTR box on the way...hopefully this should end all breaking gearbox problems.

bart
20-10-10, 13:26
Great day Bart/others who helped.

As Nelly mentioned I blew third gear in RB 25 box :( ....yes expensive day but it was worth it. Many thanks to the “MOD DOCTOR” stiv for his help in changing the gear box in 1hour 10mins...I can’t forget the now famous consaw man mark for modifying the new 25 box to fit the S15.

Thanks lads.

New GTR box on the way...hopefully this should end all breaking gearbox problems.

we've GTR BOX there if ya already havent found one lad......

nick180sx
20-10-10, 18:35
we've GTR BOX there if ya already havent found one lad......

it's andys one bart as far as i know

bart
20-10-10, 18:43

cool cool:cool::cool::cool:

mark
20-10-10, 19:52

thats the one;);)

TIMMY495
21-10-10, 22:20
@ timmy gud sliding today fella, nice and aggresive
@ bart same for you ted, alot more aggresive and stickin door to door :D:cool:
@ mark you sum man :eek:
@ derk hero spec as always man container clippin ftw!!
Fair play to bradley and mini on the start line aswell :cool:

Thx stevo :) i never thought i was aggressive thou :rolleyes: lol