PDA

View Full Version : carbon vinyl wrap?

ian g sr20
14-10-10, 13:10
hve a white 180sx was thinking bout getn the booth done in a carbon vinyl wrap yes r a no?

NIALL JZX
14-10-10, 13:15
hve a white 180sx was thinking bout getn the booth done in a carbon vinyl wrap yes r a no?

alot of people will prob say no, but the stuff is cool when done right, i seen a few yokes done that turned out well like a lad i no done the roof of his evo an it looked well , maybe not to everybodys likeing though...
gary in pro image in limerick is fair good with the stuff, its dear thoiugh;)

ian g sr20
14-10-10, 13:17
theirs a place called ace signs here down in cork ment 2 be very good at it, they tell me thr stuff is shit hot and its very hard 2 tell fron the real stuff mite call over for a look at it and go frm their

andy t
14-10-10, 14:14
ya man, can look da bizz when done right,

Chuck_g
14-10-10, 14:23
Ive used a good bit of it, when done right its savage! Ace Signs are defo your boys in Cork, i can maybe get you a good deal if you like. Drop me a Pm :)

karl cp9a
14-10-10, 17:02
id say yes,this looks ok.....

http://i53.tinypic.com/2qvquqr.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/2ldxafc.jpg

Red/Black86
14-10-10, 17:17
It's savage stuff but to be honest no matter how well it's done it will always look like vinyl. I have a sample of it here il throw up a good close up shot later. It will never had the same 3d effect of propper carbon and will be matt all the time unlike real carbon which has a clear coating over it.

Ken

Red/Black86
15-10-10, 08:24
Here a few shots of the carbon vinyl, i tried to get the light to reflect it as best i could but you will get the idea anyway.

Cheers

Ken

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u171/yellowcarina/new-3.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u171/yellowcarina/new-2.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u171/yellowcarina/new-1.jpg

PeterT
15-10-10, 10:10
that evo bumper above, anyone could still tell that isnt carbon. its not shiny enuogh, or dark enough in colour, or something?

Alan B.
15-10-10, 12:10
that evo bumper above, anyone could still tell that isnt carbon. its not shiny enuogh, or dark enough in colour, or something?

Yeah, the viynl will always not look right compared to real carbon, but personally, I wouldn't let that bother me too much if I where you. I actually prefer the look of the matt viynl to real carbon.

Red/Black86
15-10-10, 16:22
Ah it is nice stuff just dont be expeting miracles from it and definately dont be expecting anyone who knows what there looking at to be be thinking you went off and bought a propper carbon booth door.

Romo
15-10-10, 16:26
I think it looks good when its done on certain bits but dont cover big bits like the bonnet... thats fail

johnbro
16-10-10, 20:37
Was gonna do my 180 head light lids and some other small bits
Was goin to get some carbon wrap on ebay

Anyone done this?

pepsterx
16-10-10, 20:58
the only problem with the wrap is, it never looks as good as the real thing !

Red/Black86
17-10-10, 14:48
I wouldn't go buying it off eBay lad. The only reason its so cheap is because it's crap. Better off going to a propper sign company where you can see before u buy. Any lad who Is into signwriting would have no problem selling you the bits you need to cover your lamp panels and you can ask him a few questions aswell about little tricks and tips for applying it. I get lots of lads in buying vinyl from me and il help them out in any way I can.

The best carbon wrapping vinyl I have found is APA carbon vinyl and 3m dinoc carbon vinyl seriously expensive but the bestof the best.

If you have any questions drop me a pm

Ken

johnbro
17-10-10, 21:46
I wouldn't go buying it off eBay lad. The only reason its so cheap is because it's crap. Better off going to a propper sign company where you can see before u buy. Any lad who Is into signwriting would have no problem selling you the bits you need to cover your lamp panels and you can ask him a few questions aswell about little tricks and tips for applying it. I get lots of lads in buying vinyl from me and il help them out in any way I can.

The best carbon wrapping vinyl I have found is APA carbon vinyl and 3m dinoc carbon vinyl seriously expensive but the bestof the best.

If you have any questions drop me a pm

Ken

Sound ken
I'll shoot ya a pm when i get around to doing it

Do ya think a whole bonnet on a 180 would look shit?
or would it be ok with that stuff

nikkisixx69
17-10-10, 22:37
i wouldnt use that vinyl shite, looks crap IMO. 3m sell real carbon fibre with a sticky back, what you could do is buy that, stick it on and throw a coat of laquer over that?

Red/Black86
18-10-10, 09:05
The 3m carbon you are thinking of lad is the 3m dinoc carbon vinyl, it could work to lacquer over it but there would need to be no air bubbles in it at all as the laquer would melt through and i would also suggest giving it all a light rub of grey pasting scotch and plastic priming it first before the lacquer if you want to have any hope of it sticking, you will also need to flat it down again with 2000 paper and lacquer it again as with the texturered vinyl the lacquer will stay up and the high bits and sink into the lower bits so if it was lacquered again it should flatten it all out give a nice deep gloss look into the carbon vinyl, if that makes sense.

Do lad pm me whenever you get and a chance and il help you out.

Cheers

Ken

michael
18-10-10, 15:13
there a guy in waterford that does carbon fibre dipped looks class

much better than the vinyl have it done to my radio cover

Red/Black86
18-10-10, 15:49

Throw up a few good pics lad and roughly how much it cost to get done.

C_O_N_O_R_
22-10-10, 19:44
I got some of that wrap off ebay to do the eyebrows on my B4. Did the job myself but its tough stuff to work with.
Took a good few shots at it to get it lookin good. Up close everyone would know it wasnt carbon fibre but who cares? from any kinda distance it looked whopper.

Id say it would look animal if you got the booth done in carbon.

Red/Black86
27-10-10, 16:39

Anyone have anymore info on this guy from waterford doing the carbon dipping?? like contact details and photos of the work??

Ken

michael
27-10-10, 17:33
Anyone have anymore info on this guy from waterford doing the carbon dipping?? like contact details and photos of the work??

Ken

pm me man ur number and ill txt u his number on...

havent been on this in a while cant upload any pics phones knackered and he doesnt have a website as yet

Red/Black86
27-10-10, 18:07
No probs lad il pm you there now