PDA

View Full Version : Portlaosie drifting 3-10 afterthoughts

bart
03-10-10, 17:37
well how'd ye all get on??
everything went well again..
thanks to ye all....
some great driving today and some good faces..
great to see mike fitz back around the drifting scene...
roll on the next one...
cheers
bart

alan180sx
03-10-10, 17:43
1st time up to watch an wat a day

big thanks to bart and yowdy for taken me out for spins sum craic

S14a johno
03-10-10, 17:58
seams like a great day ya got the weather :):):)
who did i see on the motorway was in the red van cb aerial :D
gosh ya couldnt miss me :D

nick180sx
03-10-10, 18:10
EPIC day lads some crack today:D

Kaleb180
03-10-10, 18:11
yea was a great day , weather was good and some good driving ! :rolleyes:
Thanks to dave and will for the passenger rides ! ;) Great craic !
First time up there today and have to say well run by bart an co !
Roll on the next one ! :D

alan180sx
03-10-10, 18:14
EPIC day lads some crack today:D

man your can is the tits saw it up close today. you were goin great

mick-skyline
03-10-10, 18:18
Epic day, thanks bart. And thanks to those who I went out for a spin with, and to Brian for the flockin'

Was out a couple of times in my own yolk, thanks to Podge for the tips. Will deffo be down again. Maybe with a different diff or at least a hydro,

S14a johno
03-10-10, 18:20
Epic day, thanks bart. And thanks to those who I went out for a spin with, and to Brian for the flockin'

Was out a couple of times in my own yolk, thanks to Podge for the tips. Will deffo be down again. Maybe with a different diff or at least a hydro,

Car sounds well mick, sounds like ya had a savage day

mick-skyline
03-10-10, 18:23
I did indeed, diet know who was hanging outta the felt spec caddy lol

wolfie
03-10-10, 18:24

leave your car alone and split on a tramper with me

nick180sx
03-10-10, 18:34
man your can is the tits saw it up close today. you were goin great

sound man,car went like a treat all day and kinda getting the hang of it.today was me second time out on any track so happy days:)Gotta get my suspension done next.anyone any pics from today?

gone0-60mph
03-10-10, 18:35
First day out and learned alot of things that I will have for the next day!! Firstly a hydro h-break is a must along with some good tires up front and lots more power!! Sorry for anyone's run I fucked while spinning but very hard to take first bend with out a pull of the squeezer!! Will be selling bmw an def looking for some sort of sorted sr20 drift machine!!! Brilliant day out an was amazing to see how all the driving progressing as the day went on!!!

alan180sx
03-10-10, 18:37
sound man,car went like a treat all day and kinda getting the hang of it.today was me second time out on any track so happy days:)Gotta get my suspension done next.anyone any pics from today?

:eek::eek::eek::eek: your 2nd time man you were gettin serious runs towards the end of the day fare fucks to ya

bart
03-10-10, 18:40
First day out and learned alot of things that I will have for the next day!! Firstly a hydro h-break is a must along with some good tires up front and lots more power!! Sorry for anyone's run I fucked while spinning but very hard to take first bend with out a pull of the squeezer!! Will be selling bmw an def looking for some sort of sorted sr20 drift machine!!! Brilliant day out an was amazing to see how all the driving progressing as the day went on!!!

that was you in the e36???
ah we were wondering who that was.. lol

Aidan Hogan
03-10-10, 18:45
Great day , well done to Bart , Yowdy , Derk and co. with organising it and all.
Cheers to Keith for the passenger lap ;) Some power out of that car (Pity I couldn't get the helmet off and get out of the bleedin' car :rolleyes::p)
Yowdy's car is a serious smoke machine along with the black , white and blue R33.
Nick180sx - serious pilot - sound of the car didn't help my hangover though :o
Carbo - My mate loved the taxi sign haha.
Mick Skyline - Car looked well with the new dash and you were going well out there too.
Have about 150 pics on the camera (was too tired from last night to take anymore :() Will put them up in the pictures section once I get them on Photobucket. Some aren't the best from smoke and the sun but I'll throw them up anyway.
Plenty of brilliant drivers there :D
Really enjoyed the day and will defo be back again !!

mark
03-10-10, 18:49
had a great day again, lost me exhaust on the very first run this morning,
dry weather means alot of fun for me, i had grip at the rear:D,
i dont mean to sound like a bollox but the que time didn't speed up at all today,
even tough it was a fine day, ive been there the three days it was on and i thought the first day was the best day, 20 cars and plenty of track time, fuck all waiting, thats just my two sence worth, i went home with the same set of tyres i came with also, so happy days,

Newsome
03-10-10, 18:56
Had a good day myself. Got on farely well at the start but once i put the 225s on the back i had no grip atal. May play with the pressure a bit more. Car went well do. Couldnt have asked for beter weather. Well ran, fare lay to the lads. Dont really like the que but sure its the same for everyone.

gone0-60mph
03-10-10, 19:00
that was you in the e36???
ah we were wondering who that was.. lol

Ye that was me :o..... Can definitely only get better from there!! Change of car is definitely on the cards but happy just to get first day under my belt! Loved watchin Carbo in the carlton haha some rig!!

yashio
03-10-10, 19:03
first time there
cheers all who took us out on track
defo gotta sell that bike and get back into a RWD!
sum great pilots out der

Aidan Hogan
03-10-10, 19:22
After today , I wanna buy a drift car just for these events

MANO
03-10-10, 20:44
Bit of a disaster on the way down with my trailer but Had an great day fair play too bart and everyone else for setting up the track and running the day. Got too bring a few people out for a few laps which was cool.The skyline went well even managed the day on 1 set of new tyres which was grand.Thanks too my brother sean and mike fitz for the advice i was flyin after that, fair play too everyone there was some seriously good driving all day hope too see some pic up.:D:cool:

JKAV
03-10-10, 20:55
Just home had a great day in Portlaoise. Just wanted to say what a good job all the organisers done fair play. Car (Black/white/blue 33) went like a dream today. Well defo be back next time:)

mick-skyline
03-10-10, 20:58
Just home had a great day in Portlaoise. Just wanted to say what a good job all the organisers done fair play. Car (Black/white/blue 33) went like a dream today. Well defo be back next time:)

man that yolk was seriously gorgeous, what spoiler is it ya have on her?? :cool: :cool: well piloted too

JKAV
03-10-10, 21:00
man that yolk was seriously gorgeous, what spoiler is it ya have on her?? :cool: :cool: well piloted too

cheers not sure on the spoiler make will try and find out.

yashio
03-10-10, 21:06

alri lad dat 33 is mint nice paint job :)

looneydrift
03-10-10, 21:12
whaat a day car was flying early in the day till i hit the container got it patched up for the rest of the day but was down on a bit of power loved that the rain stayed away roll on the next 1:D:D

JKAV
03-10-10, 21:16
alri lad dat 33 is mint nice paint job :)
cheers lad, brother did all the work he spent ages on it glad it came home looking the same:)

DaveZigen
03-10-10, 21:16
Between six years of driving and going through near 30 cars today was the most enjoyable motoring experience of my life, no understatement!:)

Two weeks ago was my first day out and it was fairly hit and miss, bad weather and being unfamiliar with the car led to spin and understeer city, today I really got the hang of it and loved every minute of it!

The car still needs a bit of work, and my front tires gave up near the end but I was getting more and more confident as it went (proven by my battle scars on the rear left bumper:D)

Myself and Will C rolled down today, all discs on the window, swapped on some rubber and went hell for leather, thats what I reckon its all about and a big thanks to Bart for giving us somewhere to do it!

Cheers to Mikey Fitz for a few more pointers!

I'm in love with my car, Wes in WKD is a genius, hasn't put a foot wrong on track or on the road!:)

And the standard of ye lads down there is off the wall, its savage watchin everyone getting much better at each event and the atmosphere is so chilled for us beginners!

Any pics of my blue PS13 with illuminous green wheels send em my way!

Roll on two weeks............sorry, rant over!:D

Aidan Hogan
03-10-10, 21:21
My pics are up : http://driftireland.com/showthread.php?t=12019

Aidan Hogan
03-10-10, 21:23
Between six years of driving and going through near 30 cars today was the most enjoyable motoring experience of my life, no understatement!:)

Two weeks ago was my first day out and it was fairly hit and miss, bad weather and being unfamiliar with the car led to spin and understeer city, today I really got the hang of it and loved every minute of it!

The car still needs a bit of work, and my front tires gave up near the end but I was getting more and more confident as it went (proven by my battle scars on the rear left bumper:D)

Myself and Will C rolled down today, all discs on the window, swapped on some rubber and went hell for leather, thats what I reckon its all about and a big thanks to Bart for giving us somewhere to do it!

I'm in love with my car, Wes in WKD is a genius, hasn't put a foot wrong on track or on the road!:)

And the standard of ye lads down there is off the wall, its savage watchin everyone getting much better at each event and the atmosphere is so chilled for us beginners!

Ah that was you , pics of ya in my pic thread : http://driftireland.com/showthread.php?t=12019

Jay Rockett
03-10-10, 21:39

Dude you were on fire today, never seen someone improve so quickly! Great that you can say "you practise what you preach"!!!

And amen to that, please god these will continue, much 'n all as i wish i had my car its great to watch and have the craic with everyone! Thanks to Jules for letting me, Donal Gary and Mike Fitz try our best to slide his car, haha!!

Great to see the Roco out in the standard skyline having the craic, cheers for the passio ride!

ger15
03-10-10, 22:11
Had a great day again well done bart and Co, start of the day i was going shite had no grip changed to different tyres and made a big difference really enjoyed the day again

calicagesracing
03-10-10, 22:15
good crack out there and plenty of smoke being blown:D

some great run's with yowdy and don:cool:

pity i had a lot of shit with the car but it'll be sorted for the next day

yowdy
04-10-10, 08:47
same as lad great crac wid u and don

john9286
04-10-10, 09:01
First time up at the yard well organised
an good to watch fair play to the organisers
hope to be out there soon

gone0-60mph
04-10-10, 10:46

Fair play lad!! You and your mate with jaycono old s14 were killing it towards the end!

Derk
04-10-10, 12:04
Savage craic as usual, cant wait for the next 1..
''Accidently'' bounced the banger off the container on me last run....... twice :D

Just one complaint, lads speedin back into the pits. That shit has to stop, there was a good few kids around and as this gets bigger the crowds will too.
Keep it in mind for the next day lads.....

PeterT
04-10-10, 12:06
reading this has made me pick up the phone and order new brake set up and clutch :D

Damn your good reviews lads haha.

JDM
04-10-10, 12:20
It was a savage day to have it had good crack out there and a few nice runs but just could nt get the hang of the 3 corner car kept spinnging out when i hit the drain:mad:other than that had a savage day fair play to bart for all the org:cool:

MikeFitz
04-10-10, 12:27
Great day! Fair play to Bart and the lads for organising it, its a cool and relaxed atmosphere up there and the track was well laid out for either someone wanting to have fun, learn or hone their skills as you could take an inside line or run the containers.
Thanks to Dave Manning for the first spin, Dave Egan for the spin in his mint S13, Nicolas for the spin in the monster, nice to see a car I brought in being turned into that! Thanks to Yowdy for showing me the merits of a 1J again and the offer for the spin in the car, Swannie for making me think we were going to hit the containers and of course Jules for letting me drive the S14 for a few laps. Ill be back there again, hopefully next time with something to test ;)

bart
04-10-10, 15:33
ok ive got an idea for next time....
as ye all know there was alot of waiting to get back out on track..
but if people ACTUALLY LISTENED to what we were trying to get across things would of went more quickly...;)
next time there's gonna be fences at finish line..
so here's the options we came up with..

and as derk said.. PLEASE COP THE FOOK ON COMING BACK INTO PITS..
also burning tires in the one spot... NO more of this is going to be taking and ye are just not going to be asked again...
ye know who ye are and so do we...;)

20 cars limit.... €75 each (alot more track time)

30 cars like yesterday.. (normal)

split into 2 groups and 3 one hour sessions

comment away there.....
cheers
bart

Stevo
04-10-10, 15:54
Id say 20 cars for €75 would be ur best bet ted, for the extra 25 quid everyone will get a shit load more time out on track and a max of 9 sets of cars lined up ahead in the Q when you get back in from your run!!

mick-skyline
04-10-10, 16:04
Id say 20 cars for €75 would be ur best bet ted, for the extra 25 quid everyone will get a shit load more time out on track and a max of 9 sets of cars lined up ahead in the Q when you get back in from your run!!

Agree with stevo I'm sure if anyone wanted to book it out to practice for the day too ya might be able to arranges something??

Aidan Hogan
04-10-10, 16:30

I'd agree with the above , also from what I noticed the last day not everyone was in the que at the same time , others were changing tires and working on their cars . This would speed the que up aswel .

wolfie
04-10-10, 16:32
Savage craic as usual, cant wait for the next 1..
''Accidently'' bounced the banger off the container on me last run....... twice :D

Just one complaint, lads speedin back into the pits. That shit has to stop, there was a good few kids around and as this gets bigger the crowds will too.
Keep it in mind for the next day lads.....

have to say i did notice it was quite bad into the bits 2 occasions i was at the fence beside nearly got taken out by a cone the first and think i held the fence up against a car the second lol

Aidan Hogan
04-10-10, 16:49
Yeah a lot of lads flying in from the track , had a bit of a shock at one stage when the kanjiuma s15 (no helmets on ????) swerved towards us behind the fence !!
As said slow the fuck down , there was few kids running around and besides them those fences wouldn't save lives.
Great the way theres finally a track close to me , my mate really enjoyed the day too.

S14a johno
04-10-10, 17:06
i wouldnt mind payn 75 for more track time do, but havent done a day down there yet due to car not been ready, but i will be down

bart and the lads doing a savage job as uselly keep up the work :D

but i be intressed in mick idea, may have a chat to ya bud :cool:

B.Egan
04-10-10, 17:14
All options have their +'s and -'s imo. I would have no hassle in paying the E75 for extra track time, however it means that only 20 can do it. Considering that there doesnt seem to be any hassle in getting 30 ppl at the moment, it would mean that alot of ppl would miss out on a great day. Would it even be possible to run it every week rather than every two weeks, allowing 20ppl do it one week, and the other 20 the next (or a crossover if there wasnt 40 ppl interested)? Maybe even pro and beginner days, with different layouts?

The sessions idea is also a good one. Would allow ppl to relax a bit and watch, or even go on passo runs and learn some tips, instead of spending all the time in the ques.

Eitherway no matter whats done I cant wait to get the car ready so I can do the next one. Killed me missing out on yesterday!

bart
04-10-10, 18:29
Agree with stevo I'm sure if anyone wanted to book it out to practice for the day too ya might be able to arranges something??

yea pm me lad..............

Prodrifter86
04-10-10, 18:33
75euro? dam wanted to go to the next day but can afford it now:(

bart
04-10-10, 18:35

read the thread and maybe you might be able afford it:rolleyes:

mark
04-10-10, 18:45

lad 25 euro wont break the bank, you have two weeks, start saving.;)
serious amount of track time with 20 cars lads, very easy on tyres
so your saving money there aswell,

1jsoarer
04-10-10, 19:07
why dont ya's try out each option over the next couple of events to see which runs the best, ........oh yeah dibs on a spot for the next day!!:D:D

bart
04-10-10, 19:39
why dont ya's try out each option over the next couple of events to see which runs the best, ........oh yeah dibs on a spot for the next day!!:D:D

yea but weather is a big factor..
yea think i going to go with the 20 for next day.....
next day is the 17th..
so 1st 20 again to pay me......

looneydrift
04-10-10, 20:02
:D
lad 25 euro wont break the bank, you have two weeks, start saving.;)
serious amount of track time with 20 cars lads, very easy on tyres

i agree hear if it means more time on track and it is sort of easy on tyres dont know how my car was doing them in the last day put me in anyway:D

irishpaddy
04-10-10, 20:04
so how do i get the cash to you? paypal?

ive never done a drift day and know i'll be sh1t but i want to learn somwere there aint barriers everywere..

bart
04-10-10, 20:10
so how do i get the cash to you? Paypal?

Ive never done a drift day and know i'll be sh1t but i want to learn somwere there aint barriers everywere..

postal order or bank draft......
Text or ring me.. My numbers there;)

Aidan Hogan
04-10-10, 20:39
so how do i get the cash to you? paypal?

ive never done a drift day and know i'll be sh1t but i want to learn somwere there aint barriers everywere..

Perfect place so , good and wide , your able to take wide lines and short 1s aswel , great layout , just stay away from the containers and you'll be graaaaaaand :D

yea but weather is a big factor..
yea think i going to go with the 20 for next day.....
next day is the 17th..
so 1st 20 again to pay me......

I'll be there , less hungover maybe so I'll take more pics , I want more passenger laps :D Some thrill :cool:

Derk
04-10-10, 20:57
very easy on tyres

Yeah, great :rolleyes: :D

Derk
04-10-10, 21:05
20 cars it is so yeah?? Job, shur see how it goes.....

I've a question for ya Bart.. What was the story with the Indian in the shed and yur man who kept askin me for 70 cent????? :confused::D

Stevo
04-10-10, 21:13
20 cars it is so yeah?? Job, shur see how it goes.....

I've a question for ya Bart.. What was the story with the Indian in the shed and yur man who kept askin me for 70 cent????? :confused::D

The 70cent is a collection pot for fence repairs :p

Stevo
04-10-10, 21:18
ok ive got an idea for next time....
as ye all know there was alot of waiting to get back out on track..
but if people ACTUALLY LISTENED to what we were trying to get across things would of went more quickly...;)
next time there's gonna be fences at finish line..
so here's the options we came up with..

and as derk said.. PLEASE COP THE FOOK ON COMING BACK INTO PITS..
also burning tires in the one spot... NO more of this is going to be taking and ye are just not going to be asked again...
ye know who ye are and so do we...;)

20 cars limit.... €75 each (alot more track time)

30 cars like yesterday.. (normal)

split into 2 groups and 3 one hour sessions

comment away there.....
cheers
bart

Hmmmm since you put that up ted NOBODY has said yeh to one or no to the other:confused:

Lads its the only drift practice day YOU are been givin every chance to speak up and say what way you want it run... Speak up da fuck less cars/ques/ect ect :D

Mick K
04-10-10, 22:06
Good day yesterday.
Some huge improvments in guys,Dave Egan and Dave Manning were different drivers towards the wet day.
Fair play to Fitzy Mike for Managing to get a full lap in Jules' 14.
Very relaxed day with a good vibe about it!

Now,With regard to the Q'ing,
I dont think the answer is 20 cars,I genuinly believe the way is spliting it into groups.
The amount of drivers there yesterday that I spoke to that were pissed off having to stand by their cars and move them every 2mins instead of being able to pull in and view it while still knowing they could get out in 15/20mins whatever time.Loads of drivers wanted to view other peoples lines and battles yesterday and never got the chance.

Idealy,Split 30 cars in 15/15,Im sure it wont be an issue to run a guy on his own that way nobodys hissy over one group being smaller than the other.Or else take on 32 and spilt into groups of 16. Have a break in the day and split it up equally in timed sessions after that.

I reckon the novelty is going to be burned out too with it being run so often.
Its greed on someones part I'd imagine.
For the next day the track needs to run different to change from the norm and not have so much routine imo before drivers get bored of it.

All of the above IMO.:)

Prodrifter86
04-10-10, 22:32
read the thread and maybe you might be able afford it:rolleyes:

??? What do u mean ?
Sorry im having 1 of my many stupid moments

@Mark : yeah I was pushing it with the 50 euro
cuz I'm not working and my auld lad is giving me a Hand running the car....
But I think as Mick said there about the groups...
Two or 3 different session would be the way to go..
Instead of 2 laps have 4 laps etc....

yowdy
04-10-10, 22:35
that is a gud idea split into groups and do 4 laps

Prodrifter86
04-10-10, 22:40

Yeah and have some good drivers in with beginners so you can mix it up as drivers feel more confident following and there's less spinning out etc... If a few lads wanted to go in the 1 group for a session let them
go ahead ..

Prodrifter86
04-10-10, 22:50
Also forgot to add

3 groups of 10
20-30mins sessions
4 laps
then you hav 30-60 mins
to take pictures, give the car a breather,have a chat and chill out and do any jobs to the car in that of time. Also each group should have 5 pro or very good drivers and 5 beginners for less spinning out and to just to follow or lead and you can use there lines

Mick K
04-10-10, 22:54
Junior,Lay off the grouping off of pros and Beginners etc,It'll end up like mondello,Lads picking and swapping groups regardless of what way management pair them off!

Cooldrft
04-10-10, 22:57
Now,With regard to the Q'ing,
I dont think the answer is 20 cars,I genuinly believe the way is spliting it into groups.
The amount of drivers there yesterday that I spoke to that were pissed off having to stand by their cars and move them every 2mins instead of being able to pull in and view it while still knowing they could get out in 15/20mins whatever time.Loads of drivers wanted to view other peoples lines and battles yesterday and never got the chance.

Idealy,Split 30 cars in 15/15,Im sure it wont be an issue to run a guy on his own that way nobodys hissy over one group being smaller than the other.Or else take on 32 and spilt into groups of 16. Have a break in the day and split it up equally in timed sessions after that.

I reckon the novelty is going to be burned out too with it being run so often.
Its greed on someones part I'd imagine.
For the next day the track needs to run different to change from the norm and not have so much routine imo before drivers get bored of it.

All of the above IMO.:)

I agree, split into 2groups of 16 ,it'll allow drivers to watch other lads + generally make the day more relaxed, rather than spending the whole day stuck in the car queing.

Aidan Hogan
04-10-10, 23:04
Junior,Lay off the grouping off of pros and Beginners etc,It'll end up like mondello,Lads picking and swapping groups regardless of what way management pair them off!

Exactly , what he said .
I know 1 person that won't mind the que :p
Runs after runs and the next thing you'll see on this thread is its all too quick and the cars are overheating and blah , blah , blah .... Just my 2 cents

Prodrifter86
04-10-10, 23:08

Oh right never new lads do be at that crack etc.....

But what about the 3 different groups with 30 mins of a session??

mick-skyline
04-10-10, 23:08

Said this to bart on Sunday too, there's a need for more laps, most newbies like myself were just getting into it on the second lap but had to come off where I think there could have been quicker improvements if staying out for either one or two more, because you forget what lone you messed up on by the time you've gotten back out. Plus jumping in with other to see how they go round the track helps, I went out with the lad in the black 180 with the arches, and dave and got to see there lines also then took Podge out with me to get a few tips, and IMO all helped,.

Hopefully I'll be out on the 17th for more much needed seat time

yowdy
04-10-10, 23:24
well as bart sid already he is askin for feed back so he can make slight improvments to make it a better day out for people,,after all its only the 3rd dat out down there and a credit to how well its went so far,, i beleave all drivers who lack confidance sohold drive a run r 3 behing a driver who is goin well and follow there lines it realy helps

Mick K
04-10-10, 23:32
If you go with spliting it down to groups of say 16 and give cars 4 each time your back to the same waiting times as having a 30 car que, 16 cars,2 Laps.
Its fast,Q'ing times are low. Tyres stay somewhat hot!Grip should be good!

Boom!

I have to stress again unless this track is going to be changed each time its ran this is going to burn out very quick.Just dont let greed ruin it,May it be Bart or Martin profiting from it just dont let it burn out!

mick-skyline
04-10-10, 23:34
well as bart sid already he is askin for feed back so he can make slight improvments to make it a better day out for people,,after all its only the 3rd dat out down there and a credit to how well its went so far,, i beleave all drivers who lack confidance sohold drive a run r 3 behing a driver who is goin well and follow there lines it realy helps

Way ahead of ya, that's what I was doing. ;) and it's run very well indeed, and I gave the feedback direct too, only issue I had was more laps, maybe even just 1 more might be enough at a time maybe.

So maybe a limit to 20 for 75 notes with 3 laps per session???

Stevo
04-10-10, 23:34
i beleave all drivers who lack confidance sohold drive a run r 3 behing a driver who is goin well and follow there lines it realy helps

Boom 100% on the button red, i was all over the shop in the rain the last day in the tramp and the only gud run was when i was behind dan when he went out in the jz14!! Other than that i was dire bahaha :o

Prodrifter86
04-10-10, 23:42

Exactly .... U can get confident while driving. And with 4 laps you can get into a rhythm with a good driver ahead of you etc.. I think keep it at 30 with 3 groups of 10

DaveZigen
05-10-10, 00:22
I reckon the groups would be animal as I wouldn't mind waiting half an hour or so if I got quick consecutive runs with a smaller group. As said its more fun if your watching the other lads instead of moving the car forward a few feet every min without seeing how everybody's getting on. Plus you can ride along with other lads and pick up tips. I found that I couldn't hop into other cars because I wanted to que knowing I'd miss track time. Other than that I think its unreal and whatever we say is only mild criticism of a savage idea from Bart and the lads that really works!:)

Mick K
05-10-10, 00:30
Groups it needs to be then!
32 cars,2 groups,16 in each,2 laps.Any more laps and with guys spinning you may as well leave it the way it is at 30 cars!

Mick K
05-10-10, 00:32
Also if the above means more work for the team involved in making it run then Ive no problem doing sign on and briefing to help speed up the process FOC!

mick-skyline
05-10-10, 01:18
Groups it needs to be then!
32 cars,2 groups,16 in each,2 laps.Any more laps and with guys spinning you may as well leave it the way it is at 30 cars!

I still think you'd need at least 3 laps at a time Mick. But your idea sounds good... Cut back a little on the numbers your talking to put in a few more laps, like one more lap each isn't going to put too long onto the queing in fairness.

bart
05-10-10, 06:31
I still think you'd need at least 3 laps at a time Mick. But your idea sounds good... Cut back a little on the numbers your talking to put in a few more laps, like one more lap each isn't going to put too long onto the queing in fairness.

micks idea???
it was one of our ideas:p
yea well this is good to know what ye all think...
some people want to watch it fair enough.. but only when its not raining this is gonna work..
your not gonna stand out in the rain for an hour....
think we going to run the 20 cars for the next time..
then the 30 cars time after..
also track is going to be changed around..
there's a lot of work goes into this and trying to keep everyone happy
also think that it is going on to regular..
but that's owners decision

looneydrift
05-10-10, 06:39
i agree with mick k on this if ye think about it lads just for a min, 2 groups 16 in each 2 laps thats grand short q,s but with 4 laps it the same wait as haven the 32 cars out when ur at the back cause its the same amount of laps that the 32 cars do at 2 each 2x32= 64 laps 4x16= 64 so when ur at the back its the same thing same wait :o just what me thinks :D:D:D

bart
05-10-10, 06:43
i agree with mick k on this if ye think about it lads just for a min, 2 groups 16 in each 2 laps thats grand short q,s but with 4 laps it the same wait as haven the 32 cars out when ur at the back cause its the same amount of laps that the 32 cars do at 2 each 2x32= 64 laps 4x16= 64 so when ur at the back its the same thing same wait :o just what me thinks :D:D:D

exactly..........
the groups will work no hassle with the 32 cars....
but the hour will have to be an hour.. always going to get one lad coming up.. ah please just let me out... etc.....
we can try it no hassle at all... prob better to be put into diff groups like...
say 1 and 2..
1 for lads who have competed in pd etc.
and 2 then for lads who just starting off..
what ye think????

MANO
05-10-10, 06:44
I reckon the groups would be animal as I wouldn't mind waiting half an hour or so if I got quick consecutive runs with a smaller group. As said its more fun if your watching the other lads instead of moving the car forward a few feet every min without seeing how everybody's getting on. Plus you can ride along with other lads and pick up tips. I found that I couldn't hop into other cars because I wanted to que knowing I'd miss track time. Other than that I think its unreal and whatever we say is only mild criticism of a savage idea from Bart and the lads that really works!:)

I agree100% 2 groups would be class so drivers can see what everyone else is doing. And as said it's almost perfect apart from the que s . Fair play bart for giving us the option of changes

looneydrift
05-10-10, 06:53
exactly..........
but the hour will have to be an hour.. always going to get one lad coming up.. ah please just let me out... etc.....
we can try it no hassle at all... prob better to be put into diff groups like...
say 1 and 2..
and 2 then for lads who just starting off..
what ye think????

but like some of the lads said they would like to go out behind some of the better lads to try fallow there lines just mix them up a bit :D
if lads want to swop grand as long as the right amount of cars are out each time and no shit about it if there is given out they get there group and stick to it

ger15
05-10-10, 07:40
How about keeping it at 20, and do two groups of 10 ?

mark
05-10-10, 08:06

ger i like the way you think;)

Mick K
05-10-10, 09:12
micks idea???
it was one of our ideas:p
yea well this is good to know what ye all think...
some people want to watch it fair enough.. but only when its not raining this is gonna work.
your not gonna stand out in the rain for an hour.Its Ireland,Nobodys going to predict weather and plus lads will be jumping in with drivers in the other group to learn lines of diff drivers etc
think we going to run the 20 cars for the next time..
then the 30 cars time after..
also track is going to be changed around..
there's a lot of work goes into this and trying to keep everyone happy
also think that it is going on to regular..
but that's owners decisionAre you not the link between drifters and Yard owner Bart?Can you not relay this and tell him its not going to work?
Seems a sensible man that can take an idea on board.

exactly..........
but the hour will have to be an hour.. always going to get one lad coming up.. ah please just let me out.Speculate to accumlate.Spend a few quid on the event Green window stickers for cars in group one,Blue for group 2
It falls into the same window as where you said after the first day different people wont be arriving and driving peoples cars but it happens,ALOT
say 1 and 2..
and 2 then for lads who just starting off.As I said to prodrifter86 1 for pros and beginners wont work,How do you define that anyway.And as I said to prodrifter86 guys will want to be swapping to run with mates and shite etc.
what ye think????

Why not bring the day to a complete stop !:rolleyes:

Jay Rockett
05-10-10, 13:34
Try the 2 groups idea first, less queing time means more track time so keeping it to 2 laps should be ok..
Everyone will know straight away if its working, if it doesnt work it can be changed for next time..?

It also allows people to watch and jump in as passenger not having to worry about moving there car in the que as there in the next group..

Different bands bart, or numbers 1 to 16 is group one, then numbers 17-32 in the 2nd group?? Or just a washable marker on the windscreen with the group number/letter..?

Aidan Hogan
05-10-10, 13:55
How about throwing up a poll aswel as all the feedback with the different ideas ??
The 20 cars next time is a good idea imo !!
I'll gladly help out the next day - organising groups or taking account of the cars in different groups or whatever. All it takes is a pen and paper ;)
Be glad to help out Keith :cool:

bart
05-10-10, 16:49
2 groups of 10 is totally out of question...
everyone giving out about no tracks in the country
and when somewhere comes up ye just say nothing..
we trying our best here to please everyone..
its not easy....

Mick K
05-10-10, 16:52
The general concenus is saying 32 cars and split the groups if you Read the thread as you kindly directed Prodrifter86 to Squire!

will_c
05-10-10, 17:00
+1 vote for 20 cars as opposed to 30, if you really want to be there you'll have your money together and paid on time, also it's not like everyone will be able to go to every day there will be car problems other commitments etc so no one really will miss out..

ger15
05-10-10, 18:21
Are you not the link between drifters and Yard owner Bart?Can you not relay this and tell him its not going to work?
Seems a sensible man that can take an idea on board.

Why not bring the day to a complete stop !:rolleyes:

Oh listen up everyone Mick k the drift king has spoke :rolleyes:

To be fair thats a stupid statement how would it be bringing the day to a complete stop ???

Im speaking from a DRIVERS point of view and im sure anyone else that goes to portlaois to DRIVE will say that they would perfer more seat time,and not wanting to be sitting in a que all day,ya two groups of 16 would cut out the queing a bit but no matter what way you look at it with 32 cars it means even less seat time, with two groups of ten it means after every run there is only four runs in front of you and your back out again.

Mick K
05-10-10, 18:25
Yeeeooooowww,You sucking on one of these babies before posting?
http://beautifullyused.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/lemon.jpeg
Bitter much :D

As Bart posted spiltting 20 cars in to groups of 10 aint happening so that ship has sailed Sailor!

ger15
05-10-10, 18:27
2 groups of 10 is totally out of question...
everyone giving out about no tracks in the country
and when somewhere comes up ye just say nothing..
we trying our best here to please everyone..
its not easy....

Im not been smart here with you Bart, i say fair play for the work and organising that your putting in to the place and its a credit to you , but why are you so quick to shoot down two groups of 10 am i missing out on something ? would it not solve a lot of problems ? it means small ques all the time and it also gives other drivers a chance to watch what going on on the track ? even have two groups of 12 or whatever i just think with 32 drivers there will be very little seat time thats just my two cents.

B.Egan
05-10-10, 19:18
Im not been smart here with you Bart, i say fair play for the work and organising that your putting in to the place and its a credit to you , but why are you so quick to shoot down two groups of 10 am i missing out on something ? would it not solve a lot of problems ? it means small ques all the time and it also gives other drivers a chance to watch what going on on the track ? even have two groups of 12 or whatever i just think with 32 drivers there will be very little seat time thats just my two cents.
I would imagine its being shot down for the sheer needless hassle of it. If theres only 20 then queing wont really be a problem. Organising different groups, making sure they dont run past their allocated time, having the next group ready etc etc would all just be a bit of overkill imo. I know it would mean basically no queing, but I personally would prefer the freedom of being able to go as you like if there was only 19 other ppl.

Is it anyway possible for the day to be made longer even Bart or is it just not allowed? Also out of interest what is the earliest you can be down there, so that you could have the wheels and tyres all sorted and the car 100% ready to go by the start time so no time is wasted? Sorry if it was mentioned before.

thegosson
05-10-10, 19:53
regarding the days out in portlaoise being on too regular, is just bull shit if you think its happening too regular then just don't go every time its on and let someone els have a go at the track. i can understand the lads that have to stand out in what ever mother nature presents on that given day thinking its on too regular but not drivers.
the idea of the drivers that have competed in the likes of prodrift etc... in one group and the others (up and coming) in another, could work quite well as the lads learning could go as passengers in the better drivers runs and pick up loads from watching what there doing and there lines etc... plus the (up and coming) drivers wont feel under pressure and feel like there holding up other peoples runs. and like wise the better lads could passenger in on the (up and coming) drivers and give them pointers and tips. this could be really beneficial to the guys like myself who are just starting out, but would need the willingness and cooperation of everybody there. I now some people bring mates and stuff and want to bring them out for a spin but at the end of the day. its our (the drivers) day out and our hard earned money thats going into these days out, and the more we can learn and get out of these days the better.
regarding the groups etc... i don't know, that needs to be trial and error and tweek as you go, but i definitely think 30 is just too many for in there.

just my thoughts on it. cheers for reading

MrH
05-10-10, 20:06
Is it anyway possible for the day to be made longer even Bart or is it just not allowed?.

I cant see Martin having to much trouble with that in fairness. I'm just wondering why people might think having it to often might damage the appeal rather than making it more open to drivers?

sil80drifter
05-10-10, 20:10
i think its great having it every 2 weeks or so, better off than every month, means you dont have to wait a long time if ya cant get the car ready,money together,etc. As for it losing its appeal, i doubt that will happen because its a practice day so its more laid back than a pd event or whatever, and theres not that many places where you can do that

thedaggsy
05-10-10, 20:38
first time out on track sunday, savage day the weather really made it .
the chicken burgers were the job.well organised event can't wait 4 da next one.
have a ball of pic's up on face book
just look up mark dagg black s13 silvia az profile pic

Aidan Hogan
05-10-10, 22:30
regarding the days out in portlaoise being on too regular, is just bull shit if you think its happening too regular then just don't go every time its on and let someone els have a go at the track. i can understand the lads that have to stand out in what ever mother nature presents on that given day thinking its on too regular but not drivers.
the idea of the drivers that have competed in the likes of prodrift etc... in one group and the others (up and coming) in another, could work quite well as the lads learning could go as passengers in the better drivers runs and pick up loads from watching what there doing and there lines etc... plus the (up and coming) drivers wont feel under pressure and feel like there holding up other peoples runs. and like wise the better lads could passenger in on the (up and coming) drivers and give them pointers and tips. this could be really beneficial to the guys like myself who are just starting out, but would need the willingness and cooperation of everybody there. I now some people bring mates and stuff and want to bring them out for a spin but at the end of the day. its our (the drivers) day out and our hard earned money thats going into these days out, and the more we can learn and get out of these days the better.
regarding the groups etc... i don't know, that needs to be trial and error and tweek as you go, but i definitely think 30 is just too many for in there.

just my thoughts on it. cheers for reading

I'm one of those people that would stand out in the weather to watch , weather wouldn't bother me , If people go to watch , they shouldn't complain about the weather ;)

Prodrifter86
05-10-10, 22:45
So what's the final story for the next day then.?? Is it 30 cars at 50 euro etc...?? Or Is it rote up and I'm having another stupid moment...?lol

will_c
05-10-10, 22:48
20 cars and 75e afaik

bart
05-10-10, 22:51
I cant see Martin having to much trouble with that in fairness.

yes he does have a problem with it running late........
and we not going to run it late...
with winter evening coming in we will prob be looking to start it at 11-4...
there is lights up there but im not going down that road....

@TRIXA.... well gates open at 11.... so you've an hour to sort all that out

Prodrifter86
05-10-10, 22:59
20 cars and 75e afaik

Oh right ... Must try save for 1 after the next 1 so

bart
05-10-10, 23:01
how does 24 cars sound?????????
2 groups of 12???
1 hour sessions??
€65.........
do ye think this will work?????????

Mick K
05-10-10, 23:03
Now your at it!

Prodrifter86
05-10-10, 23:03
2 groups of 12???
1 hour sessions??
€65.........

Sounds good actually.. Like u hav an hour
to chill out and all the rest which has been said earlier : passenger spins . Spectating etc....

ger15
05-10-10, 23:06
Yup two 12's is the job i think.

bart
05-10-10, 23:06
ok we'll try the 24 and 2 groups...
well ive 10 names already paid for next weekend..
just to let ye all know;)
14 spaces left
and will be briefing this time...
sick of going after people in the pits about burning tires and speeding.... :mad::mad:
next time ye will be asked to leave..

yowdy
05-10-10, 23:12
lads there was two people trying to eat a bit of food across from the chipper van and some sack did a burout and coverd them and the chipper van with smoke,, no need for it,,

Aidan Hogan
05-10-10, 23:15
lads there was two people trying to eat a bit of food across from the chipper van and some sack did a burout and coverd them and the chipper van with smoke,, no need for it,,

Fuck missed that , so the 17th is a go ahead with 14 places left ??

Thanks Andy for my new wallpaper on the laptop that I took the last day :D

http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu227/Aidan-Hogan/Drift/DSC02450.jpg

yowdy
05-10-10, 23:22
lad lovin that pic

Aidan Hogan
05-10-10, 23:27
lad lovin that pic

Me too , thats why I have it on my laptop now :D
Will be taking more the next day ;)

yowdy
05-10-10, 23:28
i had a pain in my hole changen tyres

Aidan Hogan
05-10-10, 23:30
i had a pain in my hole changen tyres

Haha strange that , will come over for a chat next day if I'm not dying of a hangover again :o

B.Egan
06-10-10, 01:26
2 groups of 12???
1 hour sessions??
€65.........
So is this the final decision Bart? Going to send money for me, DaveZigen, and Will_C tomorrow by postal order to you.

mick-skyline
06-10-10, 04:06
might pop down and shoot this instead, hmmmm

well thats what ill be doing if the spaces are all gone by thursday night...

bart
06-10-10, 06:52
So is this the final decision Bart? Going to send money for me, DaveZigen, and Will_C tomorrow by postal order to you.

yea lad we'll go with this for the next day and see how it runs....

MANO
06-10-10, 11:29
Sounds good ragin im goin too miss this one over in liverpool that weekend il deffo be in for the next 1

podge
06-10-10, 20:53
i think it should be ran like the first day it was the best imo

as for the kids in the paddock imo they shouldn be there as its to dangerous there was kids walking around cars sitting down etc etc there should be a viewing point somewhere in place for them there outta the way of the pits at the end of the day its track time and dangerous having them tat close to it imo

mark
06-10-10, 21:21
^^^ what podge said x2

bart
07-10-10, 06:57
i think it should be ran like the first day it was the best imo

as for the kids in the paddock imo they shouldn be there as its to dangerous there was kids walking around cars sitting down etc etc there should be a viewing point somewhere in place for them there outta the way of the pits at the end of the day its track time and dangerous having them tat close to it imo

ok podge i'll build a stand just for the kids..;)
get you to mind them up there....
if people werent speeding into the pits there wouldnt be a problem....
simple as:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
people have kids and want to show them drifting..
cant stop them coming in

Mick K
07-10-10, 08:57
Its a grand spot for kids IF the provisons are in place but their not!
Simple example is a cone taking flight on Sunday towards the end of the day and hitting the fence,Had a small kid have been standing at that part of the fence they'd have been wearing the cone and fence!Be best off running the cars coming off track right out at the edge the pits and fence it off there the next day

bart
07-10-10, 15:55
Its a grand spot for kids IF the provisons are in place but their not!
Simple example is a cone taking flight on Sunday towards the end of the day and hitting the fence,Had a small kid have been standing at that part of the fence they'd have been wearing the cone and fence!Be best off running the cars coming off track right out at the edge the pits and fence it off there the next day

cut off point of drifting was just after the containers..
but yet again people weren't doing that... :rolleyes:
so thats the reason the cones flew....
so we got a new idea for next day.....
wont be drifting after containers;)

Team Kanjiuma (Donjuan)
13-10-10, 12:04
Lads,
I am totally new to this kind of thing (posting comments on line)so bare with me.
I have attended all track days in Portlaoise and my comments are as follows:-
1)..Queuing...I think the 20 car option paying €75 for the day is a deal and a half. I go to this track day with the intention of drifting all day until I run out of tyres or mechanical failure stops me, I personally wouldn’t consider myself greedy for wanting something I paid for. Splitting into groups.....the 30mins for lunch is long enough time for me to be hanging around. The taughts of standing around for approx 3hours during the day would be a total bitch but I will roll with whatever option is decided by organisers at the end of the day. You have some patience Bart listing to all of us.
2)..Clipping points..We all aim to someday do well in Prodrift, some guys might have done so all ready...I haven’t yet but my feeling is that we need to be drifting a set course not just drifting aimlessly around the place. It might be possible to colour a few cones in certain locations as clipping points so we can all can improve.
3)..Containers as crash barriers..I think there needs to be a delineation between pits and track with crash barriers or containers. Containers are the cheapest option, it would take ten minutes to move them in and out and locate them as on sketch. This would also protect the kids for our controversial last corner finishes. 3containers are red boxs on sketch.
4)..Spectators cars should be parked on access road, or outside the gate...Not in pits.
5)..Pits..Competitors vehicles should be parked neatly in pits to gain extra possible track space. We should park like this... All vans and trailers parked in alignment and all facing the same direction with drift cars parked directly behind them. Yard owner needs to tidy up containers and bits and pieces to utilise every bit of space in pits.
6)..Track..I agree track needs to be changed around every few events. The two forklifts at the end of the track are very dangerous for us drivers. We seem to be worrying about everybody else and forget about ourselves.
7)..Spinning tyres..Spinning tyres before commencing drifting can be crucial to ensuring heat and grip etc. but if it’s not allow its not allowed we will just have to go handierr into first corner.
8)..Spectators..I feel the areas I have highlighted would be ideal for spectators but we need to keep in mind this is a drift practice day not a drift show. The yard is not set up for spectators and its my advice to keep spectators at an absolute minimum as the cash return is not worth the risk of one person getting hurt.
9)..The proposed queue route for drifts cars..eliminates the risk of cars speeding through pits.

The points above are only suggestions.

Well that’s all I have to say, I shall see ye all on Sunday. Hopefully the moon is out during the day because I going to try and drive smoke to the cunt....3rd gear all the way.

Cheers Don.

Aidan Hogan
13-10-10, 12:53
I know its a drift day for drivers but throwing spectators into the corner behind a metal fence isn't exactly fair imo.
I must say I'm delighted that Bart has organised to open this day so close to home and I'm happy to pay in to watch !!
Also its a yard for containers not a drift track so I doubt the lads can have more containers moved.
The place for spectators is perfect , once the drivers slow down coming into the pits and stop drifting where they are meant to stop.

podge
13-10-10, 15:16
I know its a drift day for drivers but throwing spectators into the corner behind a metal fence isn't exactly fair imo.
I must say I'm delighted that Bart has organised to open this day so close to home and I'm happy to pay in to watch !!
Also its a yard for containers not a drift track so I doubt the lads can have more containers moved.
The place for spectators is perfect , once the drivers slow down coming into the pits and stop drifting where they are meant to stop.

drivers want and like the big finish it gives drivers a feeling for wat drifting in third gear is like
as for spetcatours i think tt arrangement is still very good as spetatours still get to go out in the cars regurdless of whether car hs cge or not

PeterT
13-10-10, 15:30
put some fences on top of the containers and stick a few ladders upto them for ultimate space useage and viewin points :D

bart
13-10-10, 16:35
very good points don.. thank you....
but im working with what i have here..
i cant really do much more...
im doing really everything on my own and help from my friends..
as for the speeding at the end of track.. its actually AFTER THE FINISH LINE is the problem..
thats all we giving out about;)
also heating up tires.. yea ok fair enough.. its prob needed..
yard owner dont want it and also lad in chipper got smothered out of it few times..
you want rubber on your chicken burger sunday??:p
track will be changed..
but for the track we have at moment.. spectators staying where they are..
when we change track around.. we will make it the most safest possible place for them...
we have big plans for this and even thinking of doing a mini comp...
also i agree with parking in the pits..
but this weekend there will be only 24 cars and it will take alot of pressure off..
also no other cars will be let in only drivers cars/vans/jeeps....

calicagesracing
13-10-10, 23:02
2)..Clipping points..We all aim to someday do well in Prodrift, some guys might have done so all ready...I haven’t yet but my feeling is that we need to be drifting a set course not just drifting aimlessly around the place. It might be possible to colour a few cones in certain locations as clipping points so we can all can improve.

agree with this, clipping point's would give an incentive to get a good tight run in every time. i might throw a couple of hi-vis vests into the jeep that could be wrapped around a couple of cones as clipping points:cool:

bart
14-10-10, 16:04
agree with this, clipping point's would give an incentive to get a good tight run in every time. i might throw a couple of hi-vis vests into the jeep that could be wrapped around a couple of cones as clipping points:cool:

do lad yea...
thats no problem....
just when people start knocking them over and we to keep going out to pick them up....thats the problem:o
but hopefully we'll have someone down the far end of track...;)

Aidan Hogan
14-10-10, 16:16
do lad yea...
thats no problem....
just when people start knocking them over and we to keep going out to pick them up....thats the problem:o
but hopefully we'll have someone down the far end of track...;)

I'll do it :p

bart
14-10-10, 16:18
I'll do it :p

sound ok...
your hired...
bring a high viz jacket with ya???

MANO
14-10-10, 17:03
sound ok...
your hired...

human clipping point :D:D

bart
14-10-10, 17:09

ssssshhhhh you;):p

Aidan Hogan
14-10-10, 17:14
sound ok...
your hired...

Grand Job , will do

Ssshhh the 2 of ye haha (at least I hope not :p :o)

MANO
14-10-10, 17:23

what could possibly go wrong;):D:D:eek:

Aidan Hogan
14-10-10, 17:28

Haha , what you be driving so I can avoid ya ??

MANO
14-10-10, 17:45
Haha , what you be driving so I can avoid ya ??

I wont make this 1 man headin too the uk tonight for a few days.was out in the wine 32 the last day hopefully be out again at the next one

Mick K
14-10-10, 17:47
I wont make this 1 man headin too the uk tonight for a few days.was out in the wine 32 the last day hopefully be out again at the next one

Whos Mano?:confused:

Aidan Hogan
14-10-10, 17:48

Ah I see man , will avoid ya at the next 1 so :p

Stevo
14-10-10, 18:02

Its a win win situation :cool:

MANO
14-10-10, 20:40
Whos Mano?:confused:

Non of your business :D

Mick K
15-10-10, 02:01
Non of your business :D

TerannoMano?:confused:

mick-skyline
15-10-10, 05:31
TerannoMano?:confused:

is it not dave manning?? only wine 32 i remember from the day... but thought he had a different username on here :confused: :confused:

bart
15-10-10, 06:48
is it not dave manning?? only wine 32 i remember from the day... but thought he had a different username on here :confused: :confused:

course its dave;)

Mick K
15-10-10, 09:08

Personal joke Mick:)I see the fella 7days a week

course its dave;)

Will you go away with that annoying wink after every post,Your like one of those kids who speaks over people!

Dunnedriftin
15-10-10, 09:13
Personal joke Mick:)I see the fella 7days a week

Will you go away with that annoying wink after every post,Your like one of those kids who speaks over people!

Hes worse than me with them! lol

MANO
15-10-10, 09:50

Yea lads i asked darragh too change my username mick k sold my evo the other day so no point in callin myself evomano anymore now im off too spend the money on the skyline:D:D:D