PDA

View Full Version : PD Finale Fermoy After Thoughts

Prodrifter86
26-09-10, 20:35
So was at PD today (sunday)

Just got there for the Qualifying .

Dan Moorhead your a legend. we were standing at the start line , dan comes in stops up besides up and goes : " yes fuking 1st." i said savage lad fairplay. oh by the way your back bumper is hanging off" dan says " oh yeahhhhh i hit the wall but i cant get out of the car" he just raised his hands and he was shaking with adrenline . haha..

Dave you were on it again. even we there was a stop in the Competition you were easy to listen to and it made it very layed back and easy going...

there was a big shake up after Sinnott went out etc.... and other top drivers which was exciting...

the Crowd was low at the start of the day but slowly picked up. but our group were trying to get every1 going by shouting and clapping and celebrated like mad on the bank at the back of the track...

i could go on and on about what was best and what wasnt. but i come to a conclusion that the Man who reli is the hero of the day was : MIKE FITZ!!!! wat a legend , really just had a mazzive smack into the wall . got away with out breaking his ankles and jumps out and onto the roof of the car.. i have serious respect for you dude.... Balls out Award goes to you.

on the Judges: i have to say after all the complaining about the judges i have noticed they explain every little thing on why they hav given there score.

pole drift
26-09-10, 20:37
sad its over and i wasnt there :(

Stonie
26-09-10, 20:40
What a fooking weekend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Serious driving!!

Famous jh
26-09-10, 20:41
What a fooking weekend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Serious driving!!

Some steering from you yesterday lad!

I wasnt there today. :(

ste
26-09-10, 20:42
savage day but bitterly cold....

congrats to james on claiming the title once again, well deserved and imo his run with christy was the best battle all fuckin yr amazing drivin from both guys....

i thinkin brendan stone may have suprised a few peeps this weekend and would be great to see him compete next yr...

biggest downer on the day for me was seeing poor mike fitz crash his car, car is in a bad way but thats not important, more important to know mikes ok he was holdiong his back after exiting the car and dave announced that the drivers foot well was badly crushed in the crash so fingers crossed mikes ok...

ROLL ON PRODRIFT 2011.........

mick-skyline
26-09-10, 20:43
Some serious serious driving, fair play to everyone who took part, let's hope fitz is alright. Will get some pics up as soon as I've had something to eat.

Stonie
26-09-10, 20:44
Some steering from you yesterday lad!

I wasnt there today. :(

Thanks man, I was seriously struggling for grip yesterday but was going much better today!
Delighted with my result.

bart
26-09-10, 20:46
super weekend...
best round so far..
the bump was very tricky but it made it very exciting..
team drifting was class.....
great runs today..
well one to barrl l.....
roll on 2011:D

Stonie
26-09-10, 20:47
savage day but bitterly cold....

congrats to james on claiming the title once again, well deserved and imo his run with christy was the best battle all fuckin yr amazing drivin from both guys....

i thinkin brendan stone may have suprised a few peeps this weekend and would be great to see him compete next yr...

biggest downer on the day for me was seeing poor mike fitz crash his car, car is in a bad way but thats not important, more important to know mikes ok he was holdiong his back after exiting the car and dave announced that the drivers foot well was badly crushed in the crash so fingers crossed mikes ok...

ROLL ON PRODRIFT 2011.........

Thanks ste,,:-)

Was talking to mike after the crash he was walking ok and was complaining of some back pain but said nothing about his foot so I think he is fairly ok!
Absolutely gutted for him over the car!

stones
26-09-10, 20:49
carpo's s15 is mental 1jz FTW haha mulvey was unlucky brilliant driving imo!! nexen twins FTW fair play to da lads and james!!!

Also mike fitz legend hard smack some wild man see ya holding your back hope your arite man were going very well!!!

Prodrifter86
26-09-10, 20:50
yeah Carpo and James were on it! seriously close cant wait for next year

pole drift
26-09-10, 20:53
It would be good if they could have more than 5 rounds next year

sarhsPD
26-09-10, 20:55
Fantastic end to the 2010 series, battle of the day was the Nexen pairing of James and Christy, crazy stuff. Unreal driving all weekend across the 3 championships...

Heart goes out to poor Fitzy, an absolute hero of a man.

Thanks to all the drivers and their crews, media, and anyone else who has been involved all year... been a pleasure to work with ye all, except for the feckers who fed me 5 too many shots last night, today was a sick one to say the least.

Hope to see gangs for some Driftjam sessions soon and dont forget the "gathering" in November... Its gonna be a long wait but roll on 2011! :)

180sxbreaker
26-09-10, 20:58
savage day out..sum serious stuff from the 2 nexen cars.. but i feel so gutted for mike fitz cause the lad is a balls out driver and just loves drifting he is a crowd pleaser note as soon as he got out he stood up on the roof of it to get crowd goin>>>>>fuckin legend
and i agree wit ste when he said brendan stone suprised alot of people..fair play to brendan be good to follow brendan next year think he will do well

and ste your car is serious first time i seen it in the flesh:eek:

pole drift
26-09-10, 21:00
what were the final results?? Who was in the top 5???

Famous jh
26-09-10, 21:00
Stone didnt suprise me at all always knew he had it from the starlet days in Rosegreen :cool:

Stonie
26-09-10, 21:02
Stone didnt suprise me at all always knew he had it from the starlet days in Rosegreen :cool:

Ha ha your around a while;-)

ste
26-09-10, 21:03

lol thanks man appreciate it...:)

Stonie
26-09-10, 21:04
what were the final results?? Who was in the top 5???

James 1st
Damien short 2nd
Christy 3rd
Me 4th

Not sure of 5th

Stonie
26-09-10, 21:05
savage day out..sum serious stuff from the 2 nexen cars.. but i feel so gutted for mike fitz cause the lad is a balls out driver and just loves drifting he is a crowd pleaser note as soon as he got out he stood up on the roof of it to get crowd goin>>>>>fuckin legend
and i agree wit ste when he said brendan stone suprised alot of people..fair play to brendan be good to follow brendan next year think he will do well

Thanks lad:-)

Frankae86
26-09-10, 21:10
Drive of the weekend must go to Brendan Stone, well done lad!
As Sarah said bad buzz for Mike Fitz but thats the sport we are in.
Great weekend i really enjoyed it.

Anyone have vids of the top 32 non seeded ?
Id like to see my run against Mulvey the lads said it was close enough.

180sxbreaker
26-09-10, 21:11
Thanks lad:-)

welcome lad

Stonie
26-09-10, 21:12
Drive of the weekend must go to Brendan Stone, well done lad!
As Sarah said bad buzz for Mike Fitz but thats the sport we are in.
Great weekend i really enjoyed it.

Anyone have vids of the top 32 non seeded ?
Id like to see my run against Mulvey the lads said it was close enough.

Thanks Frank,,,:-)

S14a johno
26-09-10, 21:13
sounds like a savage weekend missed,
sorry to hear boat mike :(:(:(:( hope all is ok bud

stonie gosh ya did feckn great :D:D
fair play to ya
hope see ya next year at every event
defo the one to watch

fair play to james and christy on a good final

Famous jh
26-09-10, 21:30
Ha ha your around a while;-)

Haha oh god i am :o

dunno if you remember it but i was the fella drftin the ol black RWD kadet in them days :D

Stonie
26-09-10, 21:32
Haha oh god i am :o

dunno if you remember it but i was the fella drftin the ol black RWD kadet in them days :D

I think I kinda do alright!! What a cool car I'd love one..

dR Dan
26-09-10, 21:33
Great weekend... Great laff out Saturday nite... Very messy... Best wishes to Mikey... Lookin forward to seein ur new car already ;)

Cooldrft
26-09-10, 21:34
Congrats to James on another championship.
Good to see Damien+ Christy picking up some silverware.
Looking forward to see Brendan in his own car next year "some pilot" ;)
Fair play to prodrift for laying out such a challenging course.
Roll on 2011 :D

Famous jh
26-09-10, 21:37
I think I kinda do alright!! What a cool car I'd love one..

Heres a bad pic of it :D

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx166/famous_jh/Kadet/Kadet.jpg

danmoorhead
26-09-10, 21:37
all i can say is what an unreal weekend!!! chris brady made my weekend on sat eve pratice!!!! and to have qualified first was such a feeling!!!! loved the track!!!

Stonie
26-09-10, 21:39
Congrats to James on another championship.
Good to see Damien+ Christy picking up some silverware.
Looking forward to see Brendan in his own car next year "some pilot" ;)
Fair play to prodrift for laying out such a challenging course.
Roll on 2011 :D

Thanks lad

keith_b
26-09-10, 21:40
Team nexen battle was unreal. Christy was on fire that is a pure smoke machine.
Congrats to james so consistent as always. Stone what a result hope your there next year. That was a serious crash hope his ankle holds up as well as neck and back.

Stonie
26-09-10, 21:41
Heres a bad pic of it :D

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx166/famous_jh/Kadet/Kadet.jpg

It rings a bell alright!! Cool cars old kadetts had a coupe years ago!

Famous jh
26-09-10, 21:42
It rings a bell alright!! Cool cars old kadetts had a coupe years ago!

Yea there dingers of yokes!

So you back for good lad or was it a 1 off?

Stonie
26-09-10, 21:42
all i can say is what an unreal weekend!!! chris brady made my weekend on sat eve pratice!!!! and to have qualified first was such a feeling!!!! loved the track!!!

Well done lad some serious driving!!
P.s iv no lift goin to hit the bed:-(

Stonie
26-09-10, 21:44
Yea there dingers of yokes!

So you back for good lad or was it a 1 off?

Ha ha I mite be back;-)

danmoorhead
26-09-10, 21:45
Well done lad some serious driving!!
P.s iv no lift goin to hit the bed:-(

serious stuff outa u lad!!!! u shall be missing out on a very messy night!!!:D

Stonie
26-09-10, 21:48
serious stuff outa u lad!!!! u shall be missing out on a very messy night!!!:D

I think I'm better off:-)

kennethmurph
26-09-10, 21:50
had a great wkend:) really liked the track up until i crashed ha:) does anybody have it on video id love 2 c it:)

Scamper
26-09-10, 22:08
Great day today
Congrats to James Deane on his win.
Big well done to Brendan Stone and Damien Shortt, serious day out of the two of them.
Carpo and James semi final was Epic.
Was so sickened for Mike Fitz, car was a wreck, hope you recover soon mike! :)
Pity bout mike deanes turbo going bang, im sure he'll be back.
Must say the commentating at these is top notch compared to most motor events.
Yowdy man i love your car, its mint!
Anyway great end to the year
Roll on 2011:)

gem-s13
26-09-10, 22:14
was a shit weekend for me!!! i have to say one thing mulvey should not have been put back to the none seed he won pd pros twice so why should he be put back down there???? james spilane was driveing very well and was totaly robbed by him on Saturday he hit james car and still went trough judgeing was way off on that!!! as far as i could see the rules were changed the last 2 rounds as soon as mulvey entered he was strait in to the pros but got a free days driving on the saturday, and the "NO CONTACT" rule he hit james car and the judgess did there very best to think up an excuse on how to let it slide and then there were 3 more battels with contact made between drives and the proper rule came in "contact made means 10-0!!"

best part of the wkend was mulveys car running over him!!

some grate driving from lads on sat! wasnt there sunday
brendan stone, james spilane, paul mac,

and congrads to jay, barry and james on the campionships

dR Dan
26-09-10, 22:17

U seem bitter? Is this a haha that was funny thing or you were happy it happened him kinda thing?

gem-s13
26-09-10, 22:21

U seem bitter? Is this a haha that was funny thing or you were happy it happened him kinda thing?

funny haha!! i would have been way happeyer if paul macs car had survived the contact in his previouse battal as i would have like to seen him put it up to mulvey as he was on it all wkend

dR Dan
26-09-10, 22:22
funny haha!! i would have been way happeyer if paul macs car had survived the contact in his previouse battal as i would have like to seen him put it up to mulvey as he was on it all wkend

Oh my bad... Ya to be fair it was EPIC... we gave him sum doin in town Saturday nite... :D

sr20
26-09-10, 22:24
i thought it was a good day out, highlight was defo james and christys battle, fucking unreal best drifting ive seen so far!!

calicagesracing
26-09-10, 22:27
what car were you driving stones?

p.s. you missed some epic fast driving in the mira today:D:D

alan180sx
26-09-10, 22:32
Epic Weekend best event all year some serious drivin, had great craic in mallow sat nite

felt so bad for gem and mike fitz

the standard in ireland is ever growing the country is full of talent

Stonie
26-09-10, 22:35
what car were you driving stones?

p.s. you missed some epic fast driving in the mira today:D:D

Was drivin a friends s14!!

Ah I had a spin of it before savage little yoke!!

shines14
26-09-10, 22:42
great day today,
top drivers of the day for me were carpo, james deane and chris brady
brady really impressed me especially when following in the twin battles, always on the lead cars door and one of my favourite cars looks wise in pd this year,
the nexen battle was one of the moments of the day, some smoke from both machines, i was blown away by carpos car, really has to be seen in the flesh to be appreciated
i think dan moorhead really impressed too and the crowd were right behind him, real balls out driving and a serious car
felt so bad for mike fitz, hope hes ok and cant wait to see him next year in action again
a well run event overall and commentry was great, never stopped all day

dR Dan
26-09-10, 23:36
Great weekend and a great year SIMPLES :D

Shout out to all staff... Been a pleasure working with all ye guys and also the drivers... Thanks for keepin us so entertained all year!

jake4
26-09-10, 23:52
sick i missed it any vids of the nexen battle

richy
27-09-10, 00:12
I couldn't make it down to this one, I await the Cezeli Productions take of things lol

Congrats to James on the Championship :)

MikeFitz
27-09-10, 01:18
Thanks a million everyone for all the comments and everything, just home from hospital and alls good thank God. Spent from half 5 to half 10 in a neck brace on lying on my back with my head taped down even tho there was prob no need but I'm glad I went to the hospital now cos I wasnt going to go but the ambulance crew insisted on it. Got a bit freaked bout the neck and back when the doc started talking bout possible fractures but the x rays were clear thankfully, gonna be sore tomorrow tho! Was very lucky to come out with my foot id say by the sounds of things! Ill go into the story of the car another time but lets just say it was only way she would have liked to go out, she never liked going less than 110% and I love her for it.
Anyway enough about me, that was just my master plan to steal the awesome James Deane's thunder, what a year and driver, congrats. Dan Moorhead flying aswell, delighted for Damien Shortt, Brendan Stone top 4 in a new car, Mulveys just mad, great year for Nigel and Sinnott, Barry Leonard, Larry Love, Martin O'Meara, Jay Rockett, Mark Keane and Brian Cotter. Glad to see Alan Lenihan back on top, great driver down through the years and a lot more to come. Thanks everyone for all the craic on and off track, roll on 2011 :)

pole drift
27-09-10, 01:25
Thanks a million everyone for all the comments and everything, just home from hospital and alls good thank God. Spent from half 5 to half 10 in a neck brace on lying on my back with my head taped down even tho there was prob no need but I'm glad I went to the hospital now cos I wasnt going to go but the ambulance crew insisted on it. Got a bit freaked bout the neck and back when the doc started talking bout possible fractures but the x rays were clear thankfully, gonna be sore tomorrow tho! Was very lucky to come out with my foot id say by the sounds of things! Ill go into the story of the car another time but lets just say it was only way she would have liked to go out, she never liked going less than 110% and I love her for it.
Anyway enough about me, that was just my master plan to steal the awesome James Deane's thunder, what a year and driver, congrats. Dan Moorhead flying aswell, delighted for Damien Shortt, Brendan Stone top 4 in a new car, Mulveys just mad, great year for Nigel and Sinnott, Barry Leonard, Larry Love, Martin O'Meara, Jay Rockett, Mark Keane and Brian Cotter. Glad to see Alan Lenihan back on top, great driver down through the years and a lot more to come. Thanks everyone for all the craic on and off track, roll on 2011 :)

MikeFitz FTW:D Good to hear your ok

jeff nelson sileighty
27-09-10, 06:57
Great track big bump on entry but made it a bit more fun sad now tho that the year is over but I suppose we all need a bit of time to get the cars sorted for 2011
mike fitz......legend

Cezeli
27-09-10, 07:39
Another excellent Prodrift weekend with some epic battles and steering going on. Congrats to Champ James Deane on a class weekend for him and also to Jay for winning the amateurs and of course to Barry for the non-seeded pro!

Excellent driving from Brendan Stone also and a great weekend for Damien Shortt. Was great watching Dan and Chris battling too - both lads where like kids each time the headed out to battle - lol. both smiles could be seen even with helmets on! haha

Gutted that its all over :(

Big up Mike Fitz - Sad to see her get such a thump but what a quote!

"Lets just say it was only way she would have liked to go out, she never liked going less than 110% and I love her for it."

Cant get a better attitude than that - if it was me id be crying into my breakfast.

Chuck_g
27-09-10, 09:08
I only made it up yesterday, what can i say? Track layout looked way better than round one, the crowd was poor around 2pm but by 4 there was plenty of happy punters. Jimmy Deane is some man to get the crowd going, me screaming go James and his Ma infront of me, looking at me like i was insane, she always looks so proud ha........
The new commentator Dave is the right man for this job, no shit, just proper information! Very unfortunate for Mike Deane, i could have seen him end the year with a bang! My favourite of the day has to have been Mr Pressure Carpenter, never seen anything like it, definately deserved the podium he got. 4th Gear ftw. I agreed with 99% of the judges calls yesterday for once. Was seriuosly gutted about Mike Fitzs off, usually the crowd love a good crash but there was a strangely eerie silence after the accident, couldnt have happened to such a crazy, non cocky, mad fuker, glad all is okay! Lenihans superlap was the one for me, the spin was proper sickening, man was on fire!
Congrats to James on the win, Barry for a great year and a great finish and also Jay who has shown big balls pay off. Fairplay to Stonie and Shortt aswell, some going!
I definately enjoyed yesterday, after some of the battles i can see a bigger crowd in 2011. Proper entertaining :)

pole drift
27-09-10, 09:24
hopefully there will be a much larger crowd in 2011. What prodrift needs is a tv spot on d likes of tv3 or the likes so it can get more media attention. Even if a news paper was to have some write up about it in the sports section like after rallies. I know venues are an issue but if more events could be organised it would also get more attention.

alan180sx
27-09-10, 09:29
hopefully there will be a much larger crowd in 2011. What prodrift needs is a tv spot on d likes of tv3 or the likes so it can get more media attention. Even if a news paper was to have some write up about it in the sports section like after rallies. I know venues are an issue but if more events could be organised it would also get more attention.

X2

its wat the sport needs to make it grow. the crowd yesterday was way up on round 1. Roll on 2011

pmc-drifter
27-09-10, 10:55

My car did survive the contact in the battle against larry twas only a rub, in the battle against mulvey i hit the bump on the first corner and the wishbone snapped.. I was really happy with 2nd place but slightly gutted because i really wanted another good battle with mulvey!

chrisbrady325
27-09-10, 11:37
great day today,
top drivers of the day for me were carpo, james deane and chris brady
brady really impressed me especially when following in the twin battles, always on the lead cars door and one of my favourite cars looks wise in pd this year,
the nexen battle was one of the moments of the day, some smoke from both machines, i was blown away by carpos car, really has to be seen in the flesh to be appreciated
i think dan moorhead really impressed too and the crowd were right behind him, real balls out driving and a serious car
felt so bad for mike fitz, hope hes ok and cant wait to see him next year in action again
a well run event overall and commentry was great, never stopped all day

Thanks lad!! i try.. lack of grip in the top 16 meant i couldnt push as hard as i usually would, also the car was missing and acting up a little.. put in new plugs but was short by 2.. Dan Moorehead was great craic to practice with! we had serious fun saturday!.. Super Lap was good.. could have had been better tho..

Fair Play to Stone on 4th place no fear in that man! well deserved!! Dan on qualifyin 1st with a savage run!! was over the moon for him! :D

And Fitz for Adding some nice stickers to my bumper! cheers Fitz :p

chrisbrady325
27-09-10, 11:43
Was great watching Dan and Chris battling too - both lads where like kids each time the headed out to battle - lol. both smiles could be seen even with helmets on! haha

What a laugh we were looking at each other when door to door.. jumping about in the car shaking our heads goin mad!! Deffo the best bita craic twining i've had!

yowdy
27-09-10, 11:53
had an epic weeknd,, car ran shit all day saterday breaking down only got out for one qualifyn run,, got it sorted for sunday and had great fun in the team drift,, (cheers franky and sean for runin wid us), congrats barry for the win and carpo was driver of the weekend

Stonie
27-09-10, 12:11
Thanks lad!! i try.. lack of grip in the top 16 meant i couldnt push as hard as i usually would, also the car was missing and acting up a little.. put in new plugs but was short by 2.. Dan Moorehead was great craic to practice with! we had serious fun saturday!.. Super Lap was good.. could have had been better tho..

Fair Play to Stone on 4th place no fear in that man! well deserved!! Dan on qualifyin 1st with a savage run!! was over the moon for him! :D

And Fitz for Adding some nice stickers to my bumper! cheers Fitz :p

Thanks lad, was good to meet you, sound man!!
You had a savage run against larry was very good ta watch

drift student
27-09-10, 18:14
stole this pic from another site..............
we feel your pain fitz......

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj60/paGti/mfitz.jpg

<Shane>
27-09-10, 18:36
Ye I wnet down yesterday and had a great day. The battle between James and Christy was very enjoyable to watch. It was very unfortunite about mike fitz'z car but he stepped out of the car and thats the main thing.

meego1
27-09-10, 21:28
Great wkend had in cork, great battles in top 32 on saturday, the skyline for once ran flawlees for the bro, was unluckey against wez, wel done barry on winning the championship,great team effort to get ye back out which i love about this sport,wel done stonie flawless all day welcome back .mulvey has brought somthing back which been lacking i think total agression,awesome to watch except for the roof incident lol glad ur ok.

delighted for dan 1st place qualifier nice to see a change at the top great driving from ye all wkend,heart goes to mike fitz felt ur pain man,made everyone think more abt safety in their cars, judging was good up to brady v shortt battle think chris had it or at least one more time, then shortt hit stone which should hav went one more time or win to stone, they keep saying no contact but rules keep gettin changed every event, this needs clarifying. carpo man on fire, unluckey not to win outright,hardest iv seen u drive that yoke keep it up, wel done james cant keep you down awesome driving,spoiler running on top of wall was jaw dropping stuff ,overall i think one of the best PD seasons yet wel done all.

congrats to the BOYS on team drift win not to bad for a team thrown together at the last minute .

sean s14
27-09-10, 21:35
had an epic weeknd,, car ran shit all day saterday breaking down only got out for one qualifyn run,, got it sorted for sunday and had great fun in the team drift,, (cheers franky and sean for runin wid us), congrats barry for the win and carpo was driver of the weekend
no prob dude was nice to get out for a spin on sunday:)

yowdy
27-09-10, 21:48
ha ha roll on next year

Frankae86
27-09-10, 21:49
ha ha roll on next year

Chalk it down :D

Stonie
27-09-10, 21:52
ha ha roll on next year

Oh fuckin yea!!!!!!!

Red/Black86
11-10-10, 20:01
Plenty of time to add loads of new gear to the cars and do some tweaking for next year