PDA

View Full Version : R32 Coilovers and HICA's Upgrades?

Prodrifter86
29-08-10, 14:23
Right lads so been out in the car for the 3rd time! and she's a bit rolly. so i think coilvers are on the cards now. also a hicas lockout system

probably get a new set of coilovers.

so whats the best coilover setup in an R32? looking for some1 who has expeirence in this.

also was having a look in DW's shop and seen a full HICAS lock out system for 200 quid? or theres a lock out bar for 85quid>??? what to go for etc??

thanks

Robbie Daly Ps13
29-08-10, 14:27
Buy this....! It will be the best money you'l ever spend on your car and you'l be finihed with your suspension....!

bubble1984
29-08-10, 14:29
Right lads so been out in the car for the 3rd time! and she's a bit rolly. so i think coilvers are on the cards now. also a hicas lockout system

probably get a new set of coilovers.

so whats the best coilover setup in an R32? looking for some1 who has expeirence in this.

also was having a look in DW's shop and seen a full HICAS lock out system for 200 quid? or theres a lock out bar for 85quid>??? what to go for etc??

thanks

BEST setup?

do away with the r32 double wishbone front setup and fit s13 suspension setup. seems 2 be the way to go 4 drift.

Famous jh
29-08-10, 14:33
BEST setup?

do away with the r32 double wishbone front setup and fit s13 suspension setup. seems 2 be the way to go 4 drift.

Word... Pick up a cheap set of s14 coilovers, front hubs and bottom arms and wack em in... Only way to go

Robbie Daly Ps13
29-08-10, 14:34
BEST setup?

What are you saying rubes run a macpherson front strut....! Big enough job do this but a good 1....! Also you could run a s13 or 14 rear subframe and do away with the hicas altogether...!

Famous jh
29-08-10, 14:38
What are you saying rubes run a macpherson front strut....! Big enough job do this but a good 1....! Also you could run a s13 or 14 rear subframe and do away with the hicas altogether...!

No where near as big a job as its made out to be...... It all bolts in apart from the top shock mount.

bubble1984
29-08-10, 14:41
yes robbie, from what i hear its not actually a huge job once u figure out geomotry wise wher to mount the top of d coilover.

^^^^^ famoush jh and his mate done it to his mates 32, u may have seen it @ citywest with its engine under d dash, crazy lock, s14 coilovers, and custom made setup doin away wit tension rods, work of art. if i was drifting my 32 id look into that. but im not so im just givin my opinion. . .

maybe john will elaborate????? :D

Robbie Daly Ps13
29-08-10, 14:42
No where near as big a job as its made out to be...... It all bolts in apart from the top shock mount.

Whats the story with the engine mounts then...! Just custom made 1s is it...! How do you know exactly where to cut the holes...!

Famous jh
29-08-10, 14:46
maybe john will elaborate????? :D

Thanks Ruby :rolleyes: :D

Yea theres 2 ways of doin it really...The way Nicky done it I cant take much glory for this cos i thought the bottom arms werent gonna work lol... But boy was i proven wrong as usual :D

Easiest was is as i've said above use ALL s14 gear.. Only big job is the top mounts

Famous jh
29-08-10, 14:48
Whats the story with the engine mounts then...! Just custom made 1s is it...! How do you know exactly where to cut the holes...!

What have the engine mounts got to do with it?! :confused: Still use the 32 front subframe like..........

As for the top mounts measure measure measure!

Prodrifter86
29-08-10, 14:49
Buy this....! It will be the best money you'l ever spend on your car and you'l be finihed with your suspension....!

buy what? haha:p

and wow lads! i just want to bolt in everyting not a major job to do!

looking for best coilover make for not mazzive money etc...

Robbie Daly Ps13
29-08-10, 14:52

http://www.driftworks.com/shop/p685/Nissan-Skyline-Pro-Handling-Pack/product_info.html

Sorry forgot the link...!

bubble1984
29-08-10, 14:53

like wat we said, get 2 r32 rear coilovers on ere, and 2 front s14 ones , apparently even with modified hub knuckles the r32 suspension setup is very limiting on steering lock, if u wanna be competitive as im sure u do cause ur name is 'prodrifter' then look into this setup

Prodrifter86
29-08-10, 14:54
ya was showing the auld lad this but i no its everyting for a savage price but i cant afford it yet!:D

Famous jh
29-08-10, 14:54
like wat we said, get 2 r32 rear coilovers on ere, and 2 front s14 ones , apparently even with modified hub knuckles the r32 suspension setup is very limiting on steering lock, if u wanna be competitive as im sure u do cause ur name is 'prodrifter' then look into this setup

Are 14 rear coilovers the same as 32 ones ruby??

Robbie Daly Ps13
29-08-10, 14:55
Drift cars are all bout the setup ya can have all the power in the world and its nothing without control...!

Prodrifter86
29-08-10, 14:56

ya shur i might do that so dude and look into it

Robbie Daly Ps13
29-08-10, 14:56
Are 14 rear coilovers the same as 32 ones ruby??

No there different lad...!

Prodrifter86
29-08-10, 14:58
Drift cars are all bout the setup ya can have all the power in the world and its nothing without control...!

yes thats why i aint touching the power at all !! like if you look at the gosson's car no roll, no drama! and its slides way easier

Prodrifter86
29-08-10, 15:00
No there different lad...!

wait a min! are r32 coilovers the same as s-body's???

Famous jh
29-08-10, 15:02
wait a min! are r32 coilovers the same as s-body's???

I was in the understanding that they were the same as s14 ones anyway :confused:

Prodrifter86
29-08-10, 15:03
I was in the understanding that they were the same as s14 ones anyway :confused:

i dno atal lad!
need some1 on here who has a compitition spec 1 or has been there,done that bought the coilovers! haha:p

bubble1984
29-08-10, 15:38
i dno atal lad!
need some1 on here who has a compitition spec 1 or has been there,done that bought the coilovers! haha:p
i dunno if d coilovers are d same,

on another note ur lookin 4 sumone wit a comp spec 32, well we have spent d last while tellin u about famous jh's friend's 32 which in my opinion is the best setup r32 drift car in ireland for sure and probly even better that driftworks 32.

so u cant really ask to be talkin to sumone who has "been dere, done that" as u say. ur already talkin to him, sortof.

Prodrifter86
29-08-10, 15:41

on another note ur lookin 4 sumone wit a comp spec 32, well we have spent d last while tellin u about famous jh's friend's 32 which in my opinion is the best setup r32 drift car in ireland for sure and probly even better that driftworks 32.

so u cant really ask to be talkin to sumone who has "been dere, done that" as u say. ur already talkin to him, sortof.

ya man i appriceiate your info . but all things arent made that clear on what fits what.:)

Famous jh
29-08-10, 15:46

Nail. Head :D

ya man i appriceiate your info . but all things arent made that clear on what fits what.:)

I thought i made things pretty clear did i not :confused: Only question mark is the rear coilovers and im 99% sure they are they same...im sure someone lookin at this has a definitive answer..

bubble1984
29-08-10, 15:51

ok, just get a 2nd hand set of 32 coilovers then, job done. im only talkin bout front end setup. neway, dusnt matter.

i have an s13 and a 32, i tink unless u make these changes to 32 and mke d nose a bit lighter on top of everytin else. ur at nothing, ur makin life hard 4 urself.

after i seen this done to a 32 i tink its awesome. have a look at nickys 32 up in mondello, and watch it on track too. i want that car. lol

Prodrifter86
29-08-10, 16:11
ok, just get a 2nd hand set of 32 coilovers then, job done. im only talkin bout front end setup. neway, dusnt matter.

i have an s13 and a 32, i tink unless u make these changes to 32 and mke d nose a bit lighter on top of everytin else. ur at nothing, ur makin life hard 4 urself.

after i seen this done to a 32 i tink its awesome. have a look at nickys 32 up in mondello, and watch it on track too. i want that car. lol

cool man that everyting in 1!

so have 1 question about rear now :

change the rear subframe or buy a the full DW HICAS elimator or do you do this with the s13 rear subframe?
and when u say s13 do u mean PS13 or s13/180sx

lsd32
29-08-10, 17:14
get the lockout kit,money well spent as you get the adjustable rear arms as well and does away with all the rear hicas shite,easy to fit as well.you could pick up a good set of tein super drift coilovers for around €500,and you wont get better imo and get s14 bottom arms and adjustable tension rods and a proper aglinment(wez) and it will transform the car;)

Prodrifter86
29-08-10, 17:18
get the lockout kit,money well spent as you get the adjustable rear arms as well and does away with all the rear hicas shite,easy to fit as well.you could pick up a good set of tein super drift coilovers for around €500,and you wont get better imo and get s14 bottom arms and adjustable tension rods and a proper aglinment(wez) and it will transform the car;)

ahhhhh well thank you for that! seems what im looking for! yah was talking to wez giving him a ring in tommorrow to hav a chat about a few yokes anyway!!

and on the extra lock part??? what to do or buy>?

lsd32
30-08-10, 21:06
and on the extra lock part??? what to do or buy>?

well i just cut off the lock stops and beat in the inner panel and put two washers on each tie rod,but i had them crazy tie rods that driftworks sold on a special offer a while back with no warranty as they were very hard to get a grip on to tighten but were top notch.i had great lock with that set up but get a set of tein tie rods and stick on a few washers and you will have loads.I wouldnt be too concerned about crazy forklift lock unless your planning drifting silverstone in fourth:eek:,,,i never got the massive lock thing,think its more of a fad than anythinh to be honest,massive angle just slows ya down

Prodrifter86
30-08-10, 21:20
well i just cut off the lock stops and beat in the inner panel and put two washers on each tie rod,but i had them crazy tie rods that driftworks sold on a special offer a while back with no warranty as they were very hard to get a grip on to tighten but were top notch.i had great lock with that set up but get a set of tein tie rods and stick on a few washers and you will have loads.I wouldnt be too concerned about crazy forklift lock unless your planning drifting silverstone in fourth:eek:,,,i never got the massive lock thing,think its more of a fad than anythinh to be honest,massive angle just slows ya down

ya well i got the idea when i was actually was on full lock for the first time without spinning out and was confident and i just want more ! but yeah what u hav said there with the tein tie rods so looks the way to go!! just hav to get a few bob together and get some suspension upgrades ! i dont want more power as i hav enough for where im at at the moment! until i can drift as hard and hav the best line etc in the car as it is then maybe i would want more power! but im happy with it now anyway!

on another note: you wouldnt have a sandwhich plate for an oil cooler to go onto would u??

lsd32
30-08-10, 21:39
on another note: you wouldnt have a sandwhich plate for an oil cooler to go onto would u??

no dude sorry

Prodrifter86
30-08-10, 21:49
no dude sorry

no bother lad ! must try get 1! for cheapy cheapy sumwhere!:D