PDA

View Full Version : leaking oil?

Estie
29-08-10, 00:07
well had the car up on the lift to put on the standard exhaust for nct and i finallly figured out wat the smell is!

now i cud be wrong here cause i no fuck all but anyways there seems to be a seal or somethin broken on the gearbox where the drive gos into it! i think its the drive correct me if im wrong!

but theres oil leaking out of there and falling onto the exhaust and there for fumes are venting up threw the gear gator.. the smell is unbearable at times and en the sun shines into the car i can actually see the fumes rising up!!

was wondering wats the name of the rubber seal that gos in that joint so i can order one asap!

thanks

NIALL JZX
29-08-10, 00:16
handist would be probably go into nissan tell them wat u want they'l bring up a diagram on the screen an the seal will have part number and they would order it for ya..

dont forget to check the oil level wen done ;)

Estie
29-08-10, 00:20
cheers dude its not engine oil its gearbox oil!

NIALL JZX
29-08-10, 00:23
cheers dude its not engine oil its gearbox oil!

o i no yeah , youd jus wanna make sure the box is not after leaking alot of oil an run dry and shit itself;)

Estie
29-08-10, 00:30
must get myself into nissan! wheres the closest to sligo!!!!

gem-s13
29-08-10, 00:43
its the prop shaft seal you need comman problem dont go to nissan the will bare back rape you with no lube for it go to a bearing/seal enginering place for it about 3-6euro ill get you the size on monday i have it written down in the workshop

Estie
29-08-10, 00:52
thanks a million dude! can u pm me name and size on monday!

cork kouki
29-08-10, 11:51
I have the same problem aswell actually.leaking a drop of oil outa the back of the gearbox where the prop goes into it.
Is it much of a job to do?

paddyb01
29-08-10, 13:10
did mine bout 3 weeks agos handy to do.
think the seal was 20euro from nissan so just got one from work does the same job

Estie
29-08-10, 13:51
cool must get a seal so! wat sizw and wat kind of seal!!

200sx-slider
29-08-10, 19:05
have the same problem my self so i must get the size and code of ye as well please