PDA

View Full Version : Stereo questions

Fredericks Balls
25-08-10, 15:58
Ok, time to sort out the audio in the Silvia

I have a double din I want to use. When I connect it the radio comes on but obviously cant pick up stations. The MD player doesnt seem to be working which doesnt matter but it takes cds but wont play them. Is there anyone/anywhere that can look at and maybe fix one of these? Or is it even worth while?

Also in my banger I want to get rid of the stereo headunit, and have it wired up so basically i can plug my iphone into the car to make it the stereo. (all speakers wired to a plug to plug into iphone) I think I just need an amp but would it be a big job to to? Again any recommendations of anyone to do it?

Cheers :)

johnae86
25-08-10, 16:00
my friend is quer handy with al these!
he'd wire them up no prob :D

Fredericks Balls
25-08-10, 16:06
I can wire up the stereo no bother, i need the double din fixed!

As for the other idea, Im just wondering what id need really

Greg
25-08-10, 16:17
I have the Ipod wired into the speakers in my car without using an amp and it's ok, but with no bass. I did it the way you want to in Kelly's old car and there was a good sound out of it.

You need a headphone to rca lead for the Ipod to connect to your amp. Wire the amp up as normal except the switchable power has to be wired to an igniton live, and Bobs your uncle.

Fredericks Balls
25-08-10, 18:11
Ok cool, cheers. Sounds do-able even by me :D Any particular type of amp i would need?

Greg
25-08-10, 20:47
You wouldn't need a massive one or anything if you're just running the four speakers off it. If you're planning on running a sub as well then get yourself a four channel one.

My car came with an 8" sub in the shelf as standard, don't know if the 81's do.

Newsome
26-08-10, 22:24
Or just get a headunit that you can plug the iphone into. Less hardship.:D

Tekno Twinky
26-08-10, 22:35
jap radio run realy low frequency to europe more like 74.00-89.50 or somthing

Greg
26-08-10, 22:41
Or just get a headunit that you can plug the iphone into. Less hardship.:D
Think of the weight saving. :D

jap radio run realy low frequency to europe more like 74.00-89.50 or somthing
Most Ipod FM transmittors go down to 87.9 fm so Jap radios can pick them up. If he wanted to go down that route. You can get a fairly good one in Tesco for €20 at the moment.

Fredericks Balls
26-08-10, 23:16
I actually have one of those transmitters the sound is ok, not great.

The reasons are simple really. I hardly ever listen to the radio, by and large it's shite. And if I'm stuck I have the radio apps on the phone. But the main reason is security. Nobody can steal my car at night unless they drag me out and get it going. No wheel and ECU amongst other things. Im afraid of some smelly cunt wanting the radio. He breaks the window (it has frameless doors so nonbending) finds out he can't take the radio out without taking the motor out and taking it through the bulkhead so he fucks off.

Where do i get a window???

Tekno Twinky
26-08-10, 23:19
I actually have one of those transmitters the sound is ok, not great.

The reasons are simple really. I hardly ever listen to the radio, by and large it's shite. And if I'm stuck I have the radio apps on the phone. But the main reason is security. Nobody can steal my car at night unless they drag me out and get it going. No wheel and ECU amongst other things. Im afraid of some smelly cunt wanting the radio. He breaks the window (it has frameless doors so nonbending) finds out he can't take the radio out without taking the motor out and taking it through the bulkhead so he fucks off.

Where do i get a window???

how hard is it to take the radio out?

Fredericks Balls
27-08-10, 09:03
A cunt of a job. Ash tray facia, radio facia, air con controls and another panel that goes all the way over to the ignition have to come out. Then it's bolted in in several places.. I'd just blank it off, or when I get gauges I'll put them there

Greg
27-08-10, 11:03
It's not a cunt of a job ya big woman. It takes all of five minutes. :)

Fredericks Balls
29-08-10, 00:08
It's not a cunt of a job ya big woman. It takes all of five minutes. :)

ha about 5 greg minutes! About 120 Kieran minutes :p

Greg
29-08-10, 10:23
I'm the clumsiest koont in Ireland so you'll be grand.