PDA

View Full Version : ae86 road/drift help needed

batman026
23-08-10, 22:13
well soon ill be looking to spend 3500 euro on my cam, i want to make it a road drift cam, but im a complete noob when it comes to this so i was hoping people could point me in the right direction, what parts should i buy and where to buy, as my cam stands its lowered, stiffined with stainless steel manifold and straight through exhuast with janspeed backbox, standard 16v 4age with trd leads and hks induction kit, where do i go from here. links would help alot, thanks in advance.

Stevo
23-08-10, 22:17
Put an SR20DET in it then your done :D:D

batman026
23-08-10, 22:19
how much would this cost start to finish, and who would do it for me?

Stevo
23-08-10, 22:25
how much would this cost start to finish, and who would do it for me?

Denis heally,alan sinnot or dan moorhead be the men to ask/pm!

batman026
23-08-10, 22:27
Denis heally,alan sinnot or dan moorhead be the men to ask/pm!

cheers for that, but if i was to stay with the 4age 16v or 20v what parts should i go for?

s00045732
26-08-10, 16:10
2way diff, hydro handbrake and cage....... tbh its hard to learn on the road, try track days to learn, id go do them bits first before touching the engine, if you are serious about getting into drifting big time sr20 i think is the way forward, if you go for a tuned 16v it can get quite expensive for the gains which you will get......... over the basic mods youve done you could fit a bigger inlet manifold like one from a ma70 supra which i think can be modified to fit, its cheap and will free up a bit of power for the time been

Prodrifter86
26-08-10, 16:19
if its on the road dont bother with an sr20! if u get caught by the cops with that in it you will get seriously rode!!

good suspension setup,a good safety devices cage,hydro handbrake,strip it out and an driftworks extra lock kit if they do them for the corrolla id say they wud. 2way diff or a good 1,5way for a nice ride on the road

Tekno Twinky
26-08-10, 22:14
Firstly id do a full maintenance check on all running gear..

Engine compression,full service dont go cheap.
Brakes maintenace on calipers discs and good pads not OEM anyway.
Gearbox check for whines etc and make sure all gears dont crunch or are stuborn to change up or down.
Bushings etc

Then you want..

a good tight 2way diff or WELDED diff is as good if not better just dangerous on the road when wet maybe.. a good thing to check is if you already have either and what ration your final drive (CWP) is easily checked.

A half or full cage which are very available round here from 130-250e

Id buy a 4-1 ex.mani a de-cat and have a cat spare incase and an under axle straight to back box and a HKS mushy filter for a cheap fix!

Make sure you have coilovers on the front and either coilovers or uprated shock and spring on rear - the later being the best.

a fixed bucket seat and a gripy wheel wuth a fly-off button

go with an upgraded rear ARB in the rear.

then id get my name down on the next drift day!

stay with 14" wheels or 13s stay 4AGE get seat time and have a blast

Prodrifter86
26-08-10, 22:39
Twinky ur my hero what ledgenday advice right there:D

to the guy asking the question just do what the man says and get sliding