PDA

View Full Version : nct questions

doyler
22-08-10, 22:18
hows all whats the story with a screamer pipe going for nct?and what would be the min ride height?thanks in advance

Greg
22-08-10, 22:37
for the emissions test so a screamer pipe should be fine. I'm not sure about the minimum ride height, but I got my old Supra, which was fairly low, tested without any hassle.

Estie
22-08-10, 23:14
im goin for nct thursday an my car is decked! might raise a bit but some one told me its 100mm clearance needed

twailbait
22-08-10, 23:20
im goin for nct thursday an my car is decked! might raise a bit but some one told me its 100mm clearance needed

As long as it goes up on there ramp and onto there rollers there should be no problem.

And not a clue about the screemer, but I'd imagine they'd fail it if they noticed it.

michael
22-08-10, 23:27
would they fail ya over lambo doors and airbag suspension me thinking they will

s13-ste
22-08-10, 23:37
would they fail ya over lambo doors and airbag suspension me thinking they will

why would they? lambo door when fitted right offer just as much access to the cabin, airbags shouldn't make a difference either

michael
22-08-10, 23:42
i just heard from a lad that bought a car before about 6 months now
that he had lambo doors on it and for nct they made him take them off

bubble1984
22-08-10, 23:46
im sure a screamer wud fail. also it doesnt matter how low a car is, if its too low they have to bring it on the road and test d brakes with a decellerometer

RedlineKits
23-08-10, 03:50
U sure they have decellerometers?? ya ride height doesnt matter but if they make shit of the car doint the brake test(which happens) its tough shit.. raise it up for the day and then lower it when you pass

RedF
23-08-10, 12:30
A screamer pipe will fail the nct IF they notice it. Aside from the noise pollution side, screamer pipes vent gas to the atmosphere which should legally be joined back to the exhaust and passed through the cat. That said, i haven't heard of anyone failing over it :) as for height, don't think it matters, but i had a front splitter cracked during the test and i got no satisfaction from them, just tough luck :(

bubble1984
23-08-10, 12:48
U sure they have decellerometers?? ya ride height doesnt matter but if they make shit of the car doint the brake test(which happens) its tough shit.. raise it up for the day and then lower it when you pass

well if dey dont dey are supposed to hav em, dere is a ground clearance limit, seen it written in d nct place recently. obviously dere not gonna want to have to road test it but dey are required to, correct me if im wrong.

doyler
23-08-10, 20:23
cheers for all the replys think ill take off da screamer pipe twas lookin for an excuse nyhow sounds like an old john deere tractor when run'n wit it..great for letin cars in front know dat ur behind them though :D