PDA

View Full Version : Portlaoise drifting track after thoughts.......

bart
22-08-10, 17:36
Ok as some of would of got PM off me asking to attend this today..
All i can say is WHAT A DAY......:D:D
really happy with the turn out..
thanks for everyone on the day and nobody was messing...
So looks like we'll be there again soon and a regular thing.....
Thanks a million to the owner of the yard..
also DERK for tyre changing and TAFFY for flag man.....
get pics up....:cool:

S14a johno
22-08-10, 17:43
taffy flag man .................... :D:D:D:D
can he use a flag :p:p:p

heard was a savage day bart, fair play to ya
ya got the weather and all for it
ragn i missed it :( cheers for the invite bud

MrH
22-08-10, 17:49
What were the attendance numbers, 26ish?

johnae86
22-08-10, 17:54
gutted i missed this bart!

will def be attending the next one..
glad to hear it went well

mArKo
22-08-10, 17:54
Had a good day, couldn't stay for long but :(

The turbo start coming away from the mani due the the bolt becoming loose constantly :mad:
And I really need to get the car set up, was getting some major understeer:o

Stevo
22-08-10, 17:59
Fair play for organising a savage day kid, gud crowd of slidders turned up and NO acting the ballox by anyone so hopefully it becomes a regular day..
Flag man taffy :D Yard owner :cool: Derk nearly needing to be pulled from the field after trying to take a long cut through a steel fence ftw!!! :D
Simo sum trailer :eek::eek::cool:

Romo
22-08-10, 18:15
glad it went well, keep it to invites an you shouldn't have any probs! how many turned up?

sbradley
22-08-10, 18:51
savage day and i wasn,t even drivin..very well organised..hope it becomes a regular event..

damo86
22-08-10, 19:04
sickened i couldnt go, cheers for invite:D

ger15
22-08-10, 19:08
Class day,weather was savage,was very well ran, loads of seat time what more could ya want,fair play to all involved.

Scamper
22-08-10, 19:11
Ya would have loved to have went, thanks for the invite anyway bart, maybe next one!

thegosson
22-08-10, 19:30
awh what can i say, that was a super day out. well chilled and organized atmosphere. the track was feckin deadly too. had a absolute blast, nd i think I'm starting to get the hang of this Dori Dori thing........:D
well done to all involved and lets hope this happens again and regular

bart
22-08-10, 19:35
glad everyone enjoyed..
shane get up some pics;)

sil80drifter
22-08-10, 19:37
sickened i couldnt make this :mad: car will be up and running next time though:D sounded like a brilliant day out, and just up the road from me too!!

SIMO
22-08-10, 19:38
Fair play bart was a good auld day!!! only got 15 mins from home and the wheel bearing collapsed and the wheel flew of the trailer so was pullin a 3 wheeler another 1.15hrs to the yard!!! was first time on another track than stones and 2nd time in this car ,it went good loosing box fluid and the ignition wouldnt turn back on cuttin the car out but was all worth it!!
Some serious cars there with alot more bits than my sil80 but was able for it!!!

gary d
22-08-10, 19:41
fair play bart, was a great day.. got loads of seat time and it was good track too..

thegosson
22-08-10, 19:42
glad everyone enjoyed..
shane get up some pics;)

i'll get on it but need some beer right now. got lots of incar gopro foootage too. there was loads of vid cameras and snappy cameras there so hopefully they make there way onto this thread.

bart
22-08-10, 19:45
i'll get on it but need some beer right now. got lots of incar gopro foootage too.

put up a few teaser pics or you wont get an invite again :p:p:p
and thanks gary...
was a great day

tweek
22-08-10, 19:48
feck it never heard about it and was bored off my nut at home today could have taken the cam up cause she needs a good day out. get some pics and videos up

Newsome
22-08-10, 19:50
Car wasnt ready for this but thanks for the invite man. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

mark
22-08-10, 19:51
what can i say, had a ball, thanks to bart, and all involved,
hopefully this becomes a regular day, met a few lads off the
site aswell, scary moments early in the day, with me new clutch
burning but it seemed to fix itself as the day went on:confused::confused:
thank to ger15 for the loan of the vicegrips aswell;)

hunty_sideways
22-08-10, 19:59
well done bart sounds like ye had a great day roll on the next one deffo travel down start savin now :p

Micko
22-08-10, 20:17
Great day out and some very consistent driving by all. Decent track there only issue id have is the small water run-offs running down the length of the yard, seem to cause some bump steer but nothing major.

Robbie daly, Chris brady, richard bradley were flying to name a few.

Cheers to robbie and chris for the spins . @ chris that things an anti-christ and a really well preped car its a credit to ya.

RB ftw:D

Chuck_g
22-08-10, 20:19
Sounds like good success, hope to make the next :) Pics??

Derk
22-08-10, 20:31
Savage day out! I wasnt invited but i did a bit of gate/barrier-crashin anyway! :D
Bounced me 520 off the barrier once and used it as a clippin-point the 2nd time... Car €220, drift day out €50, fuckered barrier €???, the look on my puss at this moment in time? Priceless :D
Thanks Bartholomew xxxx :p
Roll on the next session :D

looneydrift
22-08-10, 20:32
fucking savage day car went well enough with no handbrake but will b sorted for the next day really enjoyed it its looking like we might have a few more days so fingers crossed:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

thegosson
22-08-10, 20:33
here's one then to keep yez happy and get the ball rolling
http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp335/thegosson/IMG_2470yowdy-smokey.jpg

damo86
22-08-10, 20:34
put up one vid shane so we can see lay out

chrisbrady325
22-08-10, 20:36
Great day out and some very consistent driving by all. Decent track there only issue id have is the small water run-offs running down the length of the yard, seem to cause some bump steer but nothing major.

Robbie daly, Chris brady, richard bradley were flying to name a few.

Cheers to robbie and chris for the spins . @ chris that things an anti-christ and a really well preped car its a credit to ya.

RB ftw:D

No probs lad.. good to seeye again! ye never got over for the minor bbq lol!!

Fair Play for the Invite was well worth the trip down and a sound bunch of people i met today!! tyre man wasnt hard paid! fair play to him for being there!! weather held out lovely! burnt this weekend again :) car had a boost leak all day but droped the boost down and drove her glad she lasted.. kinda getting the hang of the new quick rack.. :eek:

All in all best day in ages!! i'll deffo be back for sure! so put me down for the next day allready :D well run fair dues to all in involved!!

oh cheers yowdy for the clips they lasted longer than my other intercooler clips! owe ye one!

thegosson
22-08-10, 20:38
i will when i get a chance. a 10 minute vid off the gopro hd takes between 4-6 hours to upload to the wonderfull web world. so its not going to happen tonight, might be the wee hours tho ;)

looneydrift
22-08-10, 20:39
No probs lad.. good to seeye again! ye never got over for the minor bbq lol!!

Fair Play for the Invite was well worth the trip down and a sound bunch of people i met today!! tyre man wasnt hard paid! fair play to him for being there!! weather held out lovely! burnt this weekend again :) car had a boost leak all day but droped the boost down and drove her glad she lasted.. kinda getting the hang of the new quick rack.. :eek:

All in all best day in ages!! i'll deffo be back for sure! so put me down for the next day allready :D well run fair dues to all in involved!!

oh cheers yowdy for the clips they lasted longer than my other intercooler clips! owe ye one!

glad ye came down lad ye put on a great show

damo86
22-08-10, 20:39
ah no panic so, taut ya had a few loaded

SUPER 180
22-08-10, 20:41
sounds good!!

pity i was away... how fast was it?? was there much seat time?

Dunnedriftin
22-08-10, 20:46
Cheers for the invite bart! pitty i couldnt make it but hopefully the next day....

Stevo
22-08-10, 20:49
sounds good!!

pity i was away... how fast was it?? was there much seat time?

As much seat time as you could want :D As looneydrift said fair play to chris and bradley coming down, class act!!:cool: found ur reg under a cone up at the truck, cone clipping ftw!!

yowdy
22-08-10, 20:54
all thatcan be said was a great day well run,, congrats

murtyboys14
22-08-10, 20:55
fair play bart!!! great track lay out!!! had a super day:D (even do i hadnt a hand brake):rolleyes:
plez count me in for the next day!!!:)

chrisbrady325
22-08-10, 21:00
no probs lads.. we loved it had a great day left with smiles... :)
even after reversing into a van before leaving oooppppsss.. sorry lad if ur on the site... them fookers i had with me wer hitting all the lights, had the passanger mirror assways and turned up the radio couldnt hear yous shouting.. my bad! hope my donation gets you sorted :)

ger15
22-08-10, 21:03
what can i say, had a ball, thanks to bart, and all involved,
hopefully this becomes a regular day, met a few lads off the
site aswell, scary moments early in the day, with me new clutch
burning but it seemed to fix itself as the day went on:confused::confused:
thank to ger15 for the loan of the vicegrips aswell;)

No bothers at all lad happy to help

SUPER 180
22-08-10, 21:03
was it all 2nd gear? or was there any 3rd??

Stevo
22-08-10, 21:12
Found these on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTeAGqy_7VA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iPGgFBLwSY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01zNudRjnNo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu59bOffTK0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41C5-BI1jCA

SIMO
22-08-10, 21:41
Ah yeah chris that was me in the van didnt even see it happen just herd the thud!!cud be worse plastic weld and a respray an its grand again an get new bracket!!sound for the donation!! finished a little early i taught but still had the craic suppose wasnt out as much seen as i was late due to the trailer feckin up!!!!

Fredericks Balls
22-08-10, 21:43
Just saw a clip on Chris' FB. Looked like a great day.

If it becomes a more regular thing and you have like a totally shite retarded amateurs day let me know please :)

joey banana s14
22-08-10, 21:52
was a great day thanks for the invite bart was ragin i couldnt have her out was very well organised and laid out was very impressed with driving today lads top notch stuff im still finding rubber in my ears ind nose from a passo spin with yowdy what a smoke machine lets hope this can become a regular thing:D

saff 24v
22-08-10, 21:52
looks like was really good day if it would be possible for nxt time it like to bring the sierra down for the run.

mark
22-08-10, 22:00

If it becomes a more regular thing and you have like a totally shite retarded amateurs day let me know please :)

i was one of those amatuers today and had a ball.
no pressure on ya, just get out and do it.

Aidan Hogan
22-08-10, 22:02
was a great day thanks for the invite bart was ragin i couldnt have her out was very well organised and laid out was very impressed with driving today lads top notch stuff im still finding rubber in my ears ind nose from a passo spin with yowdy what a smoke machine lets hope this can become a regular thing:D

Say someone had a hangover 2day ?? haha .
Would want 1 after hopping on my bonnet and licking the windscreen last night :p hahahahahaa

1st video looks the best :D

joey banana s14
22-08-10, 22:04
Say someone had a hangover 2day ?? haha .
Would want 1 after hopping on my bonnet and licking the windscreen last night :p hahahahahaa

1st video looks the best :D

oh jesus yeah hahahaha i forgot all about that hope i didnd damage it was hammerd ha ah was great day today so much better than i expected and can only get better they did a great job

looneydrift
22-08-10, 22:05

thats it get seat time and have fun :D

way2fastforu
22-08-10, 22:14
looks like it was a good day..an track lay out looked good too

Aidan Hogan
22-08-10, 22:25
oh jesus yeah hahahaha i forgot all about that hope i didnd damage it was hammerd ha ah was great day today so much better than i expected and can only get better they did a great job

Haha no damage man !!

Greg
22-08-10, 22:42
Fair fucks to ya lads. the track looks cool and by the sounds of things it was a great day. Roll on the next one. :)

mArKo
22-08-10, 23:12

Same as myself, felt a bit intimidated surrounded by proper drifters but said I'd give it a go....

I gotta start somewhere :o

yowdy
23-08-10, 07:59
it was great because everybody there was in great form and up for the laugh,, if we treat the yard wid respect and bring home all our rubbish we will be on a winner,,aldo i may bring more tyres next time,, i though id have enough in ten tyres

MANO
23-08-10, 08:20

me too looks like a class track.fair play lads:cool:

Mick K
23-08-10, 08:45
me too looks like a class track.fair play lads:cool:

We'll go the next day:D

B.Egan
23-08-10, 10:03
Was just talking about this place last night as I saw over on AE86irl that they were trying to get a drift and diff meet there. Looks ace, and hopefully it becomes regular and nobody ruins it.

markII-90
23-08-10, 11:02
Looks the job lads..

I want in next time :D

Prodrifter86
23-08-10, 11:10
looks great lads fairplay! defo keep it invite only for awhile me thinks! just keeps every1 happy when theres a few lads that can be trusted to behave!

chrisbrady325
23-08-10, 11:14
Same as myself, felt a bit intimidated surrounded by proper drifters but said I'd give it a go....

I gotta start somewhere :o

exactly!! everyone has to start somewhere! never feel intimidated by anyone you just drive as good as you can and main thing is have fun ;)

Jay Rockett
23-08-10, 12:12
Credit to Bart for organising the day, its a great spot and please god it'll keep going!

Ha, i didnt realise there was a 4 car train at the end when myself and Brady went out for a last run! Also found out why i had absolutely NO grip yesterday, another thing to sort for rd4!

Thanks again Bart, Mr. Yard Owner and crew!

yowdy
23-08-10, 12:21
credit due to ya jay for ariving so eairly:D

jamie180sx
23-08-10, 12:43
looks savage track,fair play

Chuck_g
23-08-10, 13:00
This is actually a serious turning stone for irish Drifting, this place can be turned into numourous different tracks and is gonna be very very good for PD practice as they use the same type of set up, fairplay Bart, pat on the balls for you.

Prodrifter86
23-08-10, 13:43
This is actually a serious turning stone for irish Drifting, this place can be turned into numourous different tracks and is gonna be very very good for PD practice as they use the same type of set up, fairplay Bart, pat on the balls for you.

yeah would be a great for PD Practice!!
but dont forget bout us lads starting off either!;)

Tekno Twinky
23-08-10, 13:52
thanks for the invite bart but i couldnt make it! looks great!:):)

Robbie Daly Ps13
23-08-10, 14:12
Had a brillant day yesterday best most fun day of the year....! Very well ran from start to finish with a very relaxed atmosphere and great track time for the money.....!

Was flying all morning coming hard and wide into the 1st coner till i went a bit too wide and met a container with the arse end of the car.....! It looded worse than it was but the car kept going and i had a great day after finding a bit of a safer line.....!

Had some good twin battles with a few of the lads....! Brady and bradly were on it all day as per usuall.....! Top drivers....!

Fair play to bart and yowdy they couldn't have done it better......! There onto a good thing here....! Roll on the next 1.......!

PeterT
23-08-10, 14:25
Sick i wasnt at it now! Damn raves. Il try make the next one! (Not saying i will, as i have shocking track attendance :D)

ger15
23-08-10, 14:47
Had a brillant day yesterday best most fun day of the year....! Very well ran from start to finish with a very relaxed atmosphere and great track time for the money.....!

Was flying all morning coming hard and wide into the 1st coner till i went a bit too wide and met a container with the arse end of the car.....! It looded worse than it was but the car kept going and i had a great day after finding a bit of a safer line.....!

Had some good twin battles with a few of the lads....! Brady and bradly were on it all day as per usuall.....! Top drivers....!

Fair play to bart and yowdy they couldn't have done it better......! There onto a good thing here....! Roll on the next 1.......!

Dude i have some of ur paint on my bumper from one of the runs think it was the last turn, i tapped the back of ur car ,would you like me to post it to you ? :D

PS you were putting in some savage runs yesterday fair play

Robbie Daly Ps13
23-08-10, 14:53
Ha......! I knew ya hit me....! I could feel a tip alright.....! Rubbings racing.... :) Ah the car flew all day it drives itself that yoke....! U were flying yourself i didn't even know there was neone behind me whwn you tipped me.....!

1-JAY-Z
23-08-10, 14:54
Ha......! I knew ya hit me....! I could feel a tip alright.....! Rubbings racing.... :) Ah the car flew all day it drives itself that yoke....! U were flying yourself i didn't even know there was neone behind me whwn you tipped me.....!

.............!!!!!!!!!!!

Robbie Daly Ps13
23-08-10, 15:00
Robbie daly spec...........................................! :D

thegosson
23-08-10, 16:09
iv started a thread in the video section, where i'll post up my incar vids of this track so you's can get an idea of what its like. there's 6 in total i think and they take ages to upload so keep checking back, i'll pop them all onto the first thread to keep them all together.

Administrator
23-08-10, 16:15
Yikes that's a lot of views for not even a day online yet! Good work lads involved, shall make the next one please God!

Stevo
23-08-10, 16:16
Yikes that's a lot of views for not even a day online yet! Good work lads involved, shall make the next one please God!

If ur invited :p:p:p

Administrator
23-08-10, 16:18
if ur invited :p:p:p

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( That hurt

Prodrifter86
23-08-10, 16:21

haha we'll all in the same boat:(:p

Stevo
23-08-10, 16:23

You gonna make twin cam noises and run around the track :eek::eek::D

Administrator
23-08-10, 16:24
haha we'll all in the same boat:(:p

Ah no I got word from Bart but I'm down in Cork since last week studying for exams and shiiiiiiit. Lack of a car is also quite an issue

Administrator
23-08-10, 16:25
You gonna make twin cam noises and run around the track :eek::eek::D

Yes yes! Wapppp baaaaaaappppppp etc

Prodrifter86
23-08-10, 16:25
Ah no I got word from Bart but I'm down in Cork since last week studying for exams and shiiiiiiit. Lack of a car is also quite an issue

ya right so Wheel Barrow and your away! doooo ittttttt!

Taffy
23-08-10, 16:30
was a great day would have been better if i had my car there tho

i felt like a re-mold by the time we left covered in tyre's :D:D:D:D

well done bart good fined that yard

Chuck_g
23-08-10, 16:43
Team Bavaria will be at the next one :)

bart
23-08-10, 16:44
If ur invited :p:p:p

who said you'll be going next time??????:p:p:p
yea lads im keeping this to invite only again....
dont want anyone messing and not following orders.... (was one yesterday and he was warned):mad:
other than that it was a savage day..
next one will be BIGGER and BETTER:cool::cool::cool:

damo86
23-08-10, 16:53
dont make it too big or track time will be small

Robbie Daly Ps13
23-08-10, 16:55
Perfect amount there yesterday......! 3 car at a time next time maybe.... ;)

bart
23-08-10, 16:55
dont make it too big or track time will be small

oh yea i know lad...
next time is limited to 30........ ;)

yowdy
23-08-10, 17:32
Perfect amount there yesterday......! 3 car at a time next time maybe.... ;)

to high a risk of collision wid 3 car,, two allows it to be run fair fast and easyly control,,there was a perfect number of cars there, be proud bart

Robbie Daly Ps13
23-08-10, 17:34
to high a risk of collision wid 3 car,, two allows it to be run fair fast and easyly control,,there was a perfect number of cars there, be proud bart

I know your right but i like risks..... :) Had a good run with ya yesterday dunno how i followed ya with the smoke....! Pity we didn't get out 4 another few together.....!

Kaleb180
23-08-10, 18:12
Well looks like it was a great day ! thanks for the invite bart .
Wish i could of mad it up but always next time !
Track looks great ! :D

Well done to all involved ! ;)

Romo
23-08-10, 18:18
just saw the gossons vid, deadly layout, i'll try me best to get to the next one :cool:

burner
23-08-10, 19:05
Cheers for the invite Ted.....sorry cudnt make it up, glad i didnt now as the brakes fucked me over on the friday nite.......have a load of new bits ordered for the next one.

nikki
23-08-10, 19:29
will the next one be invite only aswel?? himself and his mate would deffo be up for this

Seamie tc
23-08-10, 21:11
good setup alright, was only getting going when the engine blew. thanks for the invite bart give me a shout when the next one is on hopefully should have her rebuilt in time.

NIALL JZX
23-08-10, 21:34
ya have to get invite to drift ??

yowdy
23-08-10, 22:26
I know your right but i like risks..... :) Had a good run with ya yesterday dunno how i followed ya with the smoke....! Pity we didn't get out 4 another few together.....!

ah stop lad was great crack in that run wid ya, i could here you behind me but couldnt c ya:D

yowdy
23-08-10, 22:27
good setup alright, was only getting going when the engine blew. thanks for the invite bart give me a shout when the next one is on hopefully should have her rebuilt in time.

hope ya get her sorted seamie,, ice finaly meeting ya in persion

yowdy
23-08-10, 22:28

hope ya get her sorted seamie,, nice finaly meeting ya in persion

Scamper
24-08-10, 10:04
Looks to be a huge spot, fair play bart, just curious, im only in the very very early stages of getting into this crack, wat way would it work, if i was to be at this in my 180sx, i know for a fact i would be spinning out ALOT and hitting cones and prob pissing off whoever i roped into tryin to teach me lol

Most of the lads there seem to be fairly handy all ready and have done PD practice days and the likes, and fly around with no hassle, so wat way would a starting novice go here, or is this only for fellas who can drift, but wanna get better...

Jus wondering????

Stevo
24-08-10, 10:25
Looks to be a huge spot, fair play bart, just curious, im only in the very very early stages of getting into this crack, wat way would it work, if i was to be at this in my 180sx, i know for a fact i would be spinning out ALOT and hitting cones and prob pissing off whoever i roped into tryin to teach me lol

Most of the lads there seem to be fairly handy all ready and have done PD practice days and the likes, and fly around with no hassle, so wat way would a starting novice go here, or is this only for fellas who can drift, but wanna get better...

Jus wondering????

Its for all levels scampy fries, more than likely aimed at novice and intermediate than pro so head down if its on ya wont learn if ya dont join in;)

Scamper
24-08-10, 10:32
Thats true, im not even novice, more beginner :), i just meant would lads be getting pissed off if i was taking 3 times as long as them to get around the track, because i keep spinning out.
And also would lads there be willing to teach ya a thing or two.

Stevo
24-08-10, 10:41
Thats true, im not even novice, more beginner :), i just meant would lads be getting pissed off if i was taking 3 times as long as them to get around the track, because i keep spinning out.

No lad nobody will give 2 fiddlers fooks if your spinning, everyone does it starting out im still in that stage :D
Days like this are chilled out practice days no pressure or anything like that, tis all about the fun and seat time :cool:

Edit and yeh theres plenty of lads that will go passo with you and go through the basics and all that jazz!!

Administrator
24-08-10, 10:44
No lad nobody will give 2 fiddlers fooks if your spinning, everyone does it starting out im still in that stage :D
Days like this are chilled out practice days no pressure or anything like that, tis all about the fun and seat time :cool:

Edit and yeh theres plenty of lads that will go passo with you and go through the basics and all that jazz!!

100000000% correct! This practice time, for practicing.

murtyboys14
24-08-10, 10:53
well lads here a bit on on board wit me!! short enough...just give sum fella an idea of the track.....keepn n mind im only an mature driver;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40vlvew64cU

PeterT
24-08-10, 11:01

Of course, countless people would be there to offer help and tips

Scamper
24-08-10, 11:03
Sounds good , ill try get to one of these soon so!!! Keep me posted bart

PeterT
24-08-10, 11:18
keepn n mind im only an mature driver;)

How old?! haha

johnae86
24-08-10, 11:37
whens the next day out?

Prodrifter86
24-08-10, 12:49
cool vid there martin!

SIMO
24-08-10, 12:51
Yeah scamper when i turned up i seen all the money people put into their cars an i felt very intimidated that my skills wouldnt be able for the competion or my car, but just went out fair nervous and it was grand didnt spin in the first set so was happy out!!! I just let the other car go first so if i did spin i wasnt goin to hold em up till i was confident i would go infront!!
Lads are sound out there an its very relaxed an because its only 2 runs you can get nice bit of seat time in as the queue moves quick!!
I found the track very easy on the car and tyres than other tracks, the drain runnin through the yard gives a little bumb but u compensate for that.

mark
24-08-10, 13:20

Jus wondering????
i was just like you doing this on sunday, i was spinning out on every corner, and i mean every corner, no one says anything to you, they probably knew i was only learning by the way i was spinning out, but towards the end i think i was getting abit better. so roll on the next day, the only way your going to get better is by getting out and doing it.

bart
24-08-10, 13:33
im really happy with the feedback here..
if there's anything you think we should or shouldn't do for the next day PLEASE let me know....
as for beginners... YEA no hassle..
might even do 2 groups next time??(what ye think??)
or if we get enough interest we'll hold a day for drivers that not fully confident..
only reason we kept this private was for lads acting the cunt...:mad:
everyone sunday knew the score and it ran really well..
so owner of the yard was happy..
places like this are very hard find.
so thats the reason i wanna keep it...;)
next day out is in a few weeks.(date to be decided)
its going to be limited to 30 names and 30 names only.... (pay up front)
reason been is that you get great track time...
last week most you'd to wait was 5 mins..
so in fairness ya can get alot of practice in one day...
cheers
bart

Robbie Daly Ps13
24-08-10, 13:37
Change nothing lad......! Well maybe the track a bit bigger but ya know that yourself..... :p For lads who never organised anything like this before it went unbeliveably well.....! 2 group is a great idea....! Great place for lads to start out there not much to hit and a real good surface....!

Prodrifter86
24-08-10, 13:37
if there's anything you think we should or shouldn't do for the next day PLEASE let me know....
or if we get enough interest we'll hold a day for drivers that not fully confident..
cheers
bart

dead right to!
we kept our Drifto Track Private for a reason! any1 who comes with us just cleans up and doesnt act the cunt !

but best of luck with this place cuz it has to stay !:)

murtyboys14
24-08-10, 14:39
How old?! haha

25......goin on 12:D......PD mature dude:p

calicagesracing
24-08-10, 14:40
i was just like you doing this on sunday, i was spinning out on every corner, and i mean every corner, no one says anything to you, they probably knew i was only learning by the way i was spinning out, but towards the end i think i was getting abit better. so roll on the next day, the only way your going to get better is by getting out and doing it.

heard you were going really well by the end man
cheers for the couple of spin's;)(sorry about all the green paint on the front bumper:olol)

lookin forward to the next one:thumbs:

PeterT
24-08-10, 14:41
25......goin on 12:D......PD mature dude:p

oooh, you mean amature!?haha

B.Egan
24-08-10, 16:16
Any requirements for this? Cage etc? Or just a helmet?

bart
24-08-10, 17:35
Any requirements for this? Cage etc? Or just a helmet?

YEA AN INVITE:p

Mick K
24-08-10, 17:39

trixters a good kid Bart;)

All the boys are in for the next day out btw!

All back from hols etc!

bart
24-08-10, 17:42
trixters a good kid Bart;)

All the boys are in for the next day out btw!

All back from hols etc!

cool cool...
well i'll let ya know ted....
as i said its only 30....
dont wanna ruin track time for getting to many cars

S14a johno
24-08-10, 18:29

dont worry man, sure i was there stevo telll ya i went from haven a bumper to have tousands of bits of a bumper in 10 mins, like it all a learning curve and just seat time is a must, for get everyting and start again, like
being honest ive only started in aprial this year and every chance i got a seat time i took it, was on every form who have drift days tullow, stonies. and names down for charity events that that drifting, just keep getn seat time
that what makes you better, people can tell you were to improve but that useless if ya dont pratice, like i am like that even now, still bit nervous with twin battles but iam getn there
come down to the next day and tullow and stonies all learning

tweek
24-08-10, 18:53
cheers for the couple of spin's;)(sorry about all the green paint on the front bumper:olol)

heh heh i heard about the green paint last night from stiv

B.Egan
24-08-10, 19:33

:( Ah well maybe I'll make the big league sometime lol! Keep us in mind anyway if you've space in the future. Probably wouldnt be ready for the next one anyway, as still need to get a hydro off you ha! :D

I know I've no right to ask but would it be possible in the future for maybe ten ppl or a few more to organise a day, if they were all vouched for and made aware to yourself or the organiser of course, probably at an increased price I would presume? Just thinking out loud as it looks like a perfect place to give my car a test. Dont mean to overstep

mark
24-08-10, 22:03

ah its only paint man, it would have been worse if the container was on the front bumper, lol

mark
24-08-10, 22:04
heh heh i heard about the green paint last night from stiv

yeah i think he was in the passenger seat, ha

calicagesracing
24-08-10, 22:28
yeah i think he was in the passenger seat, ha

he was ya.
it went....oooohhhh ssssshhhhiiittt.........baahh ha ha ha, i cant believe we got away with that!:D

said i'd better give up after that in case i did anything more serious to her:o

ger15
24-08-10, 22:39
cheers
bart

Was a savage day dont fix it if its not broken,only thing ill say is maybe if someone could keep an closer eye on the track at one stage a cone on the first turn got moved and some were going outside it others were going inside it people kinda got confussed as to where the should be going,as i said was a savage day and thats a very minor thing just something to keep an eye on the next day

mark
24-08-10, 22:52
cheers
bart

i wouldn't change a thing bart, it was a great day,
maybe get a chip van sorted:D i was fooking starving on the way home. lol

sbradley
24-08-10, 22:59
i wouldn't change a thing bart, it was a great day,
maybe get a chip van sorted:D i was fooking starving on the way home. lol

ya should have brought the picnic basket with ya bud

danmoorhead
25-08-10, 09:17
after spending a bit of time reading the thread and id like ta say congrats to bart and the lads!!!! hopefully ill ave a car for this the next time and head up 4 a bit of crack!!!!;)

mark
25-08-10, 16:51
ya should have brought the picnic basket with ya bud

yeah i know, i'l know better the next day;)

bart
25-08-10, 17:23
yeah i know, i'l know better the next day;)

there should be food here for the next one;)

S14a johno
25-08-10, 17:27
there should be food here for the next one;)

does it come with beef kong po :D:D

yowdy
25-08-10, 17:53
after spending a bit of time reading the thread and id like ta say congrats to bart and the lads!!!! hopefully ill ave a car for this the next time and head up 4 a bit of crack!!!!;)

i told ya come down and rip in my yoke dan

bart
25-08-10, 18:26
i told ya come down and rip in my yoke dan

yea but this wont be happening the next time ted.....
new rules.....;)

S14a johno
25-08-10, 18:55
yea but this wont be happening the next time ted.....
new rules.....;)

There rules :eek::eek::eek:

bart
25-08-10, 21:06
There rules :eek::eek::eek:

YES......
be armbands FOR DRIVERS and stamps for passengers....
only reason i doing this is to be fair to yard owner..
after all he's giving us a savage place so dont wanna mess it up..;)
and people that start messing WILL BE MADE LEAVE...:mad:
next day is after JAPFEST......

CHEERS
BART

Romo
25-08-10, 21:53
how soon after? :)

murtyboys14
25-08-10, 22:24
here's one then to keep yez happy and get the ball rolling
http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp335/thegosson/IMG_2470yowdy-smokey.jpg

have ya any more pic's from Sunday lad??:D:D

thegosson
26-08-10, 15:49
pics are now up in there own thread in the picture section.......enjoy:D

bart
26-08-10, 16:29
if anyones interested in doing a day up here...
pm me.... ;)

Bradley_Motorworks
29-08-10, 09:51
Was a brilliant day...:D:D Had so so much fun...Was a brilliant track for getting really close to other cars...Cant wait till next one... Whole day drifting on 2.5 sets of tyres...Place has so so much potential...:D
Keep me posted when the next one is on...

bart
29-08-10, 12:07
Was a brilliant day...:D:D Had so so much fun...Was a brilliant track for getting really close to other cars...Cant wait till next one... Whole day drifting on 2.5 sets of tyres...Place has so so much potential...:D
Keep me posted when the next one is on...

i texted chris today.... ;)
see ye soon
anyone else interested in the next day,,,
pm me....

looneydrift
29-08-10, 16:51
cant wait roll on the next day :D:D:D:D:D

Stevo
29-08-10, 17:04
cant wait roll on the next day :D:D:D:D:D

Wooooohoooo :D Time to fix broken stuffs :o

bart
29-08-10, 17:12
Wooooohoooo :D Time to fix broken stuffs :o

yea well ya know how long ya have..
so get up off your arse and go fix it:p

bart
04-09-10, 05:58
ive few spaces left for the next one..
so pm me for details...

jamie180sx
04-09-10, 18:55
ive few spaces left for the next one..
so pm me for details...

id be up for this

bart
05-09-10, 19:44
pm me jamie........................

S14a johno
05-09-10, 19:47
on route
have sort the turbo gasket do :o:o:(:(:(

bart
08-09-10, 11:57
anyone who paid me for the next day..
please pm me.
cheers
bart

bart
11-09-10, 18:24
next day is totally booked out...

thegosson
12-09-10, 16:29
will there be a tyre guy at this again? if so who is it and how can we contact him to order some rubber for the day please??

Romo
12-09-10, 16:40
will there be a tyre guy at this again? if so who is it and how can we contact him to order some rubber for the day please??

I think derk is doin it, i could be wrong tho

looneydrift
12-09-10, 19:53
derk will b there:D

bart
13-09-10, 01:22

his number is in his sig;)

Stevo
13-09-10, 10:28
his number is in his sig;)

Have the wickla lads dollars there ;)

Amy G
13-09-10, 13:47
Have the wickla lads dollars there ;)

Ahem, I do believe I am a City Gal not a ''wickla lad''.... Shame on you ;)

geordier1
13-09-10, 21:52
cant wait for this,shud be good crack

bart
13-09-10, 22:03
yea the 30 names has been filled..
and 5 on waiting list.
sorry but nothing i can do..

B.Egan
13-09-10, 22:04
Sorry not 100% who does the tyres? Is it Derk? I have 4 tyres here that I can use, just wondering is it possible to take the new ones of my steelies and then put on the ones I want to use. Does Derk do this, and if so how much is it to change tyres generally?

Look forward to this. Just hoping I can have the hydro in and diff sorted. Even so the car is going to be woefully setup with the crazy camber I'm running and it being my first day trying to drift it. But perfect place to try it out and see how it goes.

bart
15-09-10, 12:48
Sorry not 100% who does the tyres? Is it Derk? I have 4 tyres here that I can use, just wondering is it possible to take the new ones of my steelies and then put on the ones I want to use. Does Derk do this, and if so how much is it to change tyres generally?

Look forward to this. Just hoping I can have the hydro in and diff sorted. Even so the car is going to be woefully setup with the crazy camber I'm running and it being my first day trying to drift it. But perfect place to try it out and see how it goes.

yea i was talking to dave there other day..
be good day..
lets just hope the weather stays like this:D:D:D
see ya sunday lad........

B.Egan
15-09-10, 19:05
yea i was talking to dave there other day..
be good day..
lets just hope the weather stays like this:D:D:D
see ya sunday lad........

Yeh really looking forward to it Bart. Bit of a panic to get everything done but should be ok. Rain wouldnt be a bad thing for me either. Start off slowly on my road to winning Prodrift next year haha!!!:D

Any update on the tyres question I asked actually? Need to just confirm that I can bring down the tyres and get them changed down there. If its definately Derk that will be there I can pm and ask him maybe?

bart
15-09-10, 19:08
yea derk is def going lad...
can do whatever you want..
just if you want tires ring him before so he can bring them with him....

Kav gts-t
15-09-10, 19:32
Should be a good day of tyre smoke ahead, getting anxious for this now as had feck all seat time really so far this year :(

Amy G
18-09-10, 08:58
Do you need a helmet???

bart
18-09-10, 08:59
Do you need a helmet???

yea..............

thegosson
18-09-10, 11:31
hope it stops raining before this. whats it giving for down there?

Prodrifter86
18-09-10, 14:24

RAIN FTW:D for some reason i want to drift in the rain

way2fastforu
18-09-10, 14:35
RAIN FTW:D for some reason i want to drift in the rain

rain is shite to drift in...dry ftw:D

Prodrifter86
18-09-10, 14:48
rain is shite to drift in...dry ftw:D

reli???? i wana try it big time though some day

ger15
18-09-10, 17:52

Forecast is after picking up a bit was shite up till yesterday,its giving rain but not a huge amount, hope it stays away now.

bart
18-09-10, 18:49
ment to be nice tomorrow.. few showers..
just back from up there..
roll on tomorrow..:D

Stevo
18-09-10, 19:27
ment to be nice tomorrow.. few showers..
just back from up there..
roll on tomorrow..:D

Wooooohooooo trampin ftw :D

MANO
18-09-10, 19:42
wish the weather would sort its self out keep thinking too many tyres or not enough:rolleyes::rolleyes:

thegosson
18-09-10, 19:48
wish the weather would sort its self out keep thinking too many tyres or not enough:rolleyes::rolleyes:

more like container heading my way or not....:eek: grip is what i'll be hoping for

MANO
18-09-10, 19:51
more like container heading my way or not....:eek: grip is what i'll be hoping for

haha yea actually prob better off thinking about that:D

Cooldrft
18-09-10, 20:01
What's the surface like for grip + tyre wear ?

Chuck_g
19-09-10, 00:24
We are all ready to rock....had big trouble with the 14 tonight but seems okay now!! See yas all soon :)

B.Egan
19-09-10, 02:10
The mx5 is still in the workshop getting the diff fitted (which hopefully will work). I'm off to bed now anyway and fairplay to the lads for working through the night to get the hydro and diff done. Roll on tomorrow!

bart
19-09-10, 08:15
its fair wet today...
tires wont be a problem... :o

B.Egan
19-09-10, 09:01
Gutted!:( Diff didnt work out. Bearings were wanked. Found out at 4am. So will have to just use the vsld thats in it. Last thing you want on your first day out is not knowing if the diff will lock or not. But still gonna head down and try and make the most of it I suppose but still seriously pissed off, and my alarm didnt go off so now having to rush a bit. Disaster!

bart
20-09-10, 16:59
was chatting to eric yesterday and he said that if anyone wants tips or advice.
he'd be more than happy to help out..
just pop over to him and ask him..
he doesn't bite.... (so amy told me):p

Greg
20-09-10, 18:05
Bart, can I get a pm of when the next day is on. And tips off Eric would be greatly appreciated. :)

gone0-60mph
20-09-10, 18:16
Bart, can I get a pm of when the next day is on. And tips of Eric would be greatly appreciated. :)

Ditto, I will hopefully try and get my bmw down an embarass myself haha......

bart
20-09-10, 23:24
Bart, can I get a pm of when the next day is on. And tips off Eric would be greatly appreciated. :)

i pm'd you loads of times... lol
next day is soon.. send me pm now.......;)

eddie_g
20-09-10, 23:28
im usually round portlaoise at the weekends
any chance of a pm as well bart..

cars not ready for action yet
but would love to give a shout down for a look

Greg
21-09-10, 06:01

I know, but I have money now. :D

dan
21-09-10, 13:16

alri bart wil you pm me next time i would like to come down and have a look

bart
21-09-10, 15:31
if anyone wants to go to the next one..
pm me for details...

Kav gts-t
21-09-10, 15:47
Won't make next one Ted

But for anyone thinking about this its a great place to get to grips with your car, very well organised land ran too,

B.Egan
21-09-10, 15:49
Ragin that I have a 21st to go to the night before in Dublin so wont make the next one. But going to spend the next 4 weeks getting the car properly set up (including a diff of course) and then give it a real proper go. Cant wait now, as even as shit as the day went for me I'm now even more hooked and determined than before.

No doubt this will sell out really quickly, and no surprise after seeing how well organised, relaxed, and good value for money the day was.

S14a johno
21-09-10, 16:58
i smell a pm on hte way :D:D:D:D

Flat Eric
21-09-10, 18:00
was chatting to eric yesterday and he said that if anyone wants tips or advice.
he'd be more than happy to help out..
just pop over to him and ask him..
he doesn't bite.... (so amy told me):p

Yep, I'm more than happy to help out anyone who would like some advice. As I said to Bart, I can often see people having the same problems with a particular corner or a poorly set up car but I don't want to be annoying people like a know it all !.

I know a bit from drifting different places in different cars so maybe I can pass on some of what I've learnt over the years.

gone0-60mph
21-09-10, 18:04
Yep, I'm more than happy to help out anyone who would like some advice. As I said to Bart, I can often see people having the same problems with a particular corner or a poorly set up car but I don't want to be annoying people like a know it all !.

I know a bit from drifting different places in different cars so maybe I can pass on some of what I've learnt over the years.

Hopefully I will be able to get some advice off ya cause fook knows I will need it haha.....

bart
21-09-10, 18:26
i smell a pm on hte way :D:D:D:D

i'm waiting on it from you ted.......

MANO
21-09-10, 23:22

Fair play man theres not many with your level of experence who'd be willing too help others out good too see and il defo be asking ya for any advice at the next day

Amy G
22-09-10, 14:51
Fair play man theres not many with your level of experence who'd be willing too help others out good too see and il defo be asking ya for any advice at the next day

Course he's willing, he's had to grow lots of patience helping me....
He is just a lil bossy and expects A+++ students :p

thegosson
22-09-10, 16:55
Course he's willing, he's had to grow lots of patience helping me....
He is just a lil bossy and expects A+++ students :p

well then thats what we'll give em Amy. fair play, you were gong well and that car looks and sounds so cool.

damo86
22-09-10, 18:36
wont make this one either bart. next one tho :D

bart
23-09-10, 07:32
no hassle damo..
if anyone interested in the next one...
pm me...
few spaces left...

Prodrifter86
23-09-10, 13:25
no hassle damo..